WWl collectors (3 Viewers)

rharry

Private 1st Class
Would like to ask some questions regarding these sets so if anyone is a fan drop me a note please....

Rick

What would you like to know? I currently have the 1914 figures, British, French, and German infantry, and French cavalry. No later war figures, yet. -- Al

What would you like to know? I currently have the 1914 figures, British, French, and German infantry, and French cavalry. No later war figures, yet. -- Al

I been thinking about picking up this line, I noticed the uniforms of the British soldiers from the past like 23011 are different color then the infantry coming out like 23018...the hats are diff color too..??? have any thoughts about this change in color..???

I been thinking about picking up this line, I noticed the uniforms of the British soldiers from the past like 23011 are different color then the infantry coming out like 23018...the hats are diff color too..??? have any thoughts about this change in color..???
I had not noticed any real color change. I looked more closely and while there is a slight variation here and there (lighter or darker), it is not real obvious. It doesn't bother me in the least and I am sure there were many different shades of khaki as issued in the field. I wouldn't let a slight color variation stop me from getting these figures. The real khaki uniforms changed color depending on dye batch when manufactured and campaign wear when exposed to weather, dirt, and combat. Just not an issue, IMO. -- Al

I thought about collecting Britains WW1, but its a little late... just to many sets to chase around.

rharry the newer 2010 announced figures are for the Battle of Somme 1916. Good stuff! These are figures 23011,13,14,16,17,18,19 and 20 along with the 23015 Vickers Machine Gun and 23021 Royal Field Artillery 18 Pound Gun.

What I did was pick up at this point as the prior figures never seemed to have any cohesion and so I stayed away from them. I always felt there was no serious efford put into WWI prior to the Battle of Somme releases.

Also, the releases prior to 23011 are for 1914.

Things have change now for the better....

It seems that with the release of the first of the new figures, the Vickers and 18 Pound gun WB is now serious about WWI.

So, if you pick up from 23011 and continue forward you'll have a very nice Somme display in time. This is what I am doing.

I think the difference in color you mention betwen 23011 and 23018 is just seen in the photo reproductions.

Donnie

I have a lot of the Germans- I think they are well done!

Thanks all...ordered my first one #2313 great information from you guys....I'm excited about it.....I been following Mike's advice an ordering newer ACW so that has slow me down and I am getting some great items....

I collect the AZW line, I am waiting for WWI Americans, not enough space to collect all WWI figures from Britains.

I have some running/charging tommies in blister packaging for trade/sale-never opened...pm me- nice to get you started....figure is in soft cap.
prefer to trade - looking for some AZW stuff.

Strange theh figures I have for trade are not listed on the wb website.....hmmm, not even in the retired secction- is this because it was issued in a blister?
Grant

Strange theh figures I have for trade are not listed on the wb website.....hmmm, not even in the retired secction- is this because it was issued in a blister?
Grant
Hi Grant. Is the figure you have either #23002, charging NCO, or #17898, charging 42nd Highlander? Those are the 2 blister figures I have a listing for. Just trying to help with an ID. -- AL

charging NCO it would be. sorry I don't have it here with my right now.
soft hat and 3 stripes on his arm.
You want? I have a few mint I would like to trade for figures I need.

any idea why they are not on the site? must be many more missing figures.....?

Makes them rare and valuable!!!!!!!!!

charging NCO it would be. sorry I don't have it here with my right now.
soft hat and 3 stripes on his arm.
You want? I have a few mint I would like to trade for figures I need.

any idea why they are not on the site? must be many more missing figures.....?

Makes them rare and valuable!!!!!!!!!
No thank you, Grant. I already have it, but I appreciate the offer. -- Al

Still brings me back to- why isn't it listed it the catalog? oversight?

Just want to mention that this new Gun Emplacement is a very nice item, lots of detail. I have the loader on the wrong side, but you get the idea. I did not have a shelf deep enought to display the Emplacement, but wanted to get one for another day. The set includes a pick axe, couple of rusty shovels, wire cutters, a gas alarm assembly. All of the WB Tactical Scenes items are just great.

DSCN4201Resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back