Sergeant Major
Received a few new Leatherneck today.
Here they are in my Tarawa Diorama

5051CDCD-7EE0-40AD-85B5-919B029C288B.jpeg

641F7D3E-D09E-4C1B-A377-FC1CC7C5406B.jpeg

94EAE3A0-1AF8-495D-8560-9D9A3E0567D1.jpeg

CE176253-6564-4699-95DC-BCE29A86FF93.jpeg

Harrie🇳🇱

Coming together extremely nicely. Too bad about that tank being out of action, it appears to be sorely needed. Robin.

HARRIE!
Yet another wonderful diorama!
Okay .... HOW .... dd you do those water blast spouts .... they are fantastic ... {eek3}

Plus your ocean effects are not to be outdone.
The way you molded the water impacting the tank treads is expert.

Talent, young man, Talent! {sm4}

--- LaRRy

HARRIE!
Yet another wonderful diorama!
Okay .... HOW .... dd you do those water blast spouts .... they are fantastic ... {eek3}

Plus your ocean effects are not to be outdone.
The way you molded the water impacting the tank treads is expert.

Talent, young man, Talent! {sm4}

--- LaRRy

Thanks Larry

The water blast spouts are easy to make. I use as base, the cotton wool of the contents of a toy bear of my dog. (really) this is better than the ordinary cotton wool. make a water blast spouts as big as you want. and put this on a smooth plastic plate. smear it with Vallejo water number 26.201 Transparent water. let it dry for a day, and spread a second layer of Vallejo water 26.201 over it and let it dry! are you satisfied then you take it off the plastic plate. you can make some more water splashes with silicone sealant I use (poly max 100% transparent) from the brand BISON! with this kit I also glue the spouts on in my diorama. I hope it is so good for you I have never learned to write English so it is My, myself and Mr. google translate.

1432EFC0-47D9-49A3-9CE2-31DE0331A289.jpeg

B43386B4-04EB-402B-9964-58E1A397CA74.jpeg

Harrie🇳🇱

You diorama is looking better and better as more Marines struggle ashore !:salute::

Steve

Thanks Larry

The water blast spouts are easy to make. I use as base, the cotton wool of the contents of a toy bear of my dog. (really) this is better than the ordinary cotton wool. make a water blast spouts as big as you want. and put this on a smooth plastic plate. smear it with Vallejo water number 26.201 Transparent water. let it dry for a day, and spread a second layer of Vallejo water 26.201 over it and let it dry! are you satisfied then you take it off the plastic plate. you can make some more water splashes with silicone sealant I use (poly max 100% transparent) from the brand BISON! with this kit I also glue the spouts on in my diorama. I hope it is so good for you I have never learned to write English so it is My, myself and Mr. google translate.

View attachment 225464

View attachment 225465

Harrie🇳🇱

Hi Harrie,
Your excellent 'TARAWA' beach scene is what K&C make toy soldiers for!

The enjoyment and excitement of your Diorama make the figures 'come alive' and is contagious...I have spoken to several collectors and one dealer who have been 'inspired' by your work and dedication to create their very own 'Beach Battle' scene.

Exceedingly Well Done and Executed!!!
Best wishes and happy collecting,
Andy.

To quote "Rubeus Hagrid" .... from the Harry Potter series ....

You're a Wizard Harrie {sm4}

--- LaRRy

Harry,

One of the best Pacific Dioramas yet ! The exploding shells in the water are outstanding.

Wayne

Wow! Thank you everyone so very much for all your kind comments - I'm very chuffed!
I look forward to put more Marines and also Japanese figures in the Tarawa diorama. Have the lastis three USMC figures already in pre-oder!
I like to make dioramas for my figures. like Andy say they come to life in a Diorama.
It brings in scale The history into your home.

Andy keep up this great work!
You are making a lot of people very happy with your Toy soldiers!

Harrie 🇳🇱

Awesome! How did you make the waves bud?

Scott

Hi Scott

The waves are made of plaster with white wood glue. paint in the right color! and as the last few layers of Vallejo water number 26.201 Transparent water does the job.

Harrie🇳🇱

Amazing water effects, great dio with figure placement. Telling a great story. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back