“Questions & Answers” (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Just a few points and answers to recent posts ...

1. Thanks to “Western Outlaw” for a very fair and balanced review of the recent LRDG release ... I especially like the first couple of photos ... the last 4 not so much – just seemed a tad too bright / red .... But may be its my computer screen ...?

2. The new “Robin Hood” brochure ... Both the Sheriff of Nottingham (modelled on the great Aussie actor Peter Finch) and the fighting duo of Robin fighting Guy of Gisborne are already at the master-painting stage for release in a few months time.

3. Scottish Desert Patrol
Yes, guys, they are indeed Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, another great Scottish Regiment now disbanded / amalgamated into the Royal Regiment of Scotland.
My maternal grandfather was an “Argyll” during the First World War while my Dad’s Dad was a “Kosbie” ... Kings Own Scottish Borderers – also long gone ... during that same conflict.
Coming from Renfrewshire the “Argylls” were our local regiment and several other members of my family served with it as well as the Gordon Highlanders and The Black Watch.
I was the first to break with family tradition and NOT join a Scottish Regiment instead becoming a Royal Marine
By the by ... the unofficial nickname of the Argylls was ...”The Agile & Suffering Highlanders”!

Best wishes and happy collecting,

Andy.

Really caught up in the Robin of Sherwood series. Bring them on Andy. Robin.

The LRDG are excellent Andy and really add to 8th Army but we do need a shed load more DAKS and IF to resist the onslaught. The Robin Hood series are impressive. I am really pleased to see the re-issues and the Desert Wall was really welcomed....its still all good stuff

The LRDG are excellent Andy and really add to 8th Army but we do need a shed load more DAKS and IF to resist the onslaught. The Robin Hood series are impressive. I am really pleased to see the re-issues and the Desert Wall was really welcomed....its still all good stuff

In total agreement with this we really need some addition Figures & vehicles for the DAK

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back