13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (1 Viewer)

The Military Workshop

1st Lieutenant
Saw the trailer and next on my list. Directed by Michael Bay. None of the actors are well known unless you count John Krasinski from The Office (USA).

On the evening of the eleventh anniversary of the September 11 attacks, a group of Islamic militants attacked the American diplomatic compound and a nearby CIA Annex in Benghazi, Libya. CIA security contractors—military veterans who served with the Navy SEALS, Marine Force Recon and Army Special Forces—undertake a desperate defense of the American Ambassador and his staff within the diplomatic compound.

If you like Blackhawk Down and Lone Survivor type movies then this looks like that type.

Gents, feel free to discuss the merits of the movie itself, but let's keep politics out of it!

Right! There are few politicians out there today who can afford to "throw stones"!

Saw it last night as part of charity event benefitting Spec Op veterans. Movie is an intense portrayal of actual events that took place just over 3 years ago. Quite realistic and largely non political. HC's name is not said once.

Good acting, some humor here and there, not overly maudlin. Amazing what those guys went through in a non war time -- Alamo like, but with a better outcome. Shines a light on the CIAs "GRS" Global Response Staff, comprised of high performing ex military from all US service branches.

A good reminder of the sacrifices some Americans choose to make while the rest of us sit back behind the cozy safety glass.

Yeah, this is on my "must see in the theaters list", too. I may go see it one night this week.

Prost!
Brad

Gents, feel free to discuss the merits of the movie itself, but let's keep politics out of it!

Mr. Reuss,

This is a quote not a political statement. I was listening to an interview this morning on CNN with Madam Secretary Clinton and the interviewer (I don't know who it was as I was listening on XM) asked her if she is planning on seeing the movie to which she said "I am too busy with my campaign".

I know that can be interpreted a million different ways and yes she IS busy with running with her campaign for the highest office in the land. But wow man what a response. I figured she would have at least a tip of the hat to the artist who made the film. Now I am not a Hillary hater or a Trump hater, but I figured she would acknowledge the film as she did have a direct hand in it.

Yours humbly señor,

John from Texas

Mr. Reuss,

This is a quote not a political statement. I was listening to an interview this morning on CNN with Madam Secretary Clinton and the interviewer (I don't know who it was as I was listening on XM) asked her if she is planning on seeing the movie to which she said "I am too busy with my campaign".

I know that can be interpreted a million different ways and yes she IS busy with running with her campaign for the highest office in the land. But wow man what a response. I figured she would have at least a tip of the hat to the artist who made the film. Now I am not a Hillary hater or a Trump hater, but I figured she would acknowledge the film as she did have a direct hand in it.

Yours humbly señor,

John from Texas

Remember this is a movie not a documentary.....there are respectable participants of this tragedy who agree and ones who don't. I'd rather that every politician see "The Big Short"!

Remember this is a movie not a documentary.....there are respectable participants of this tragedy who agree and ones who don't. I'd rather that every politician see "The Big Short"!

Yes, The Big Short is on my short list! I have to see that one as I heard that one is awesome.

John from Texas

Actually it's quite like a documentary. All the scenes are based on events that took place just 3 years ago as related by still living people. The core of the movie cannot be disputed. The fire fights are about as realistic as one can get in a movie, and as near to what actually happened, at least according to the guys who were in them. The four Americans who died did indeed die in real life. There is no disputing that the GRS guys had to fight for their lives for hours without US military assistance, which never came and was never ordered. Those are facts.

The Big Short is also a movie, a fictionalized account, and not a documentary. A very good documentary about the mortgage boom and bust could be made from Dr. Thomas Sowell's book on the subject.

Mr. Reuss,

Yours humbly señor,

John from Texas

If she does not see it she does not have to respond to questions concerning it.

Documentaries often cross the line between entertainment and fact as well. They are often questionable in their editing practices, reliant on funding and by their very nature present a 'point of view'. Look at Michael Moore and his 'truth telling'.

Documentaries often cross the line between entertainment and fact as well. They are often questionable in their editing practices, reliant on funding and by their very nature present a 'point of view'. Look at Michael Moore and his 'truth telling'.

Also see Dinesh D'souza's "works."

Media Matters and NY daily news? for an unbiased review? why don't you just go to the Oracle of the Democratic party?
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back