1877 Imperial Durbar (2 Viewers)

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I spoke with Bill and hopefully my pavillion will be out shortly so I can complete my Durbar scene. With these cabinets, it is difficult to find the right size backdrop.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I spoke with Bill and hopefully my pavillion will be out shortly so I can complete my Durbar scene. With these cabinets, it is difficult to find the right size backdrop.

Hi Tommy,

That is most excellent news you received from Mr. Hocker! Once you have the pavillion in place, please take the time to photograph your display and share it with us.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :smile2:

Hi Tommy,

That is most excellent news you received from Mr. Hocker! Once you have the pavillion in place, please take the time to photograph your display and share it with us.

Pat :smile2:
Thanks Pat and I will photo and post.

WOW Tommy that pavilion is absolutely breathtaking. There must be a few man hours in the assembling and painting of that piece. Thanks very much for sharing it.

Hi Tommy,

All I can say about the Pavilion is, "Breathtaking!" What a beautiful piece of work! Clearly, it was worth the wait and expense to add this special element to your Imperial Durbar collection. Try as hard as I might, I cannot prevent envy from emerging within me. My compliments to you for a truly outstanding acquisition! It is beautiful!

Pat :){bravo}}

Hi Tommy,

All I can say about the Pavilion is, "Breathtaking!" What a beautiful piece of work! Clearly, it was worth the wait and expense to add this special element to your Imperial Durbar collection. Try as hard as I might, I cannot prevent envy from emerging within me. My compliments to you for a truly outstanding acquisition! It is beautiful!

Thanks Pat. You really came away from the Chicago show with some real finds. No one can say you have tunnel vision when it comes to collecting toy soldiers.

Hi Tommy,

Agree.

FYI: for an idea of the environs around the Durbar site there is a really great site with many prints, photos, & maps of old Delhi maintained by Prof. Frances Pritchett of Columbia University. Here is a link to a map of Delhi circa 1893(not really too much changed from 1877).

In the map(which you can enlarge), the site of the 1877 and subsequent Durbars were behind the ridge(the "Ridge" of Mutiny fame during the Siege of Delhi)around the area of the map labeled "Rajpur former cantonment"-which during the Durbars became almost a small city in itself.

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00maplinks/colonial/constable1893/xdelhimap.jpg

Tommy,

Congratulations on your having the complete Hocker Durbar. I wonder how many other collectors out there have what you have managed to put together? I suspect very few. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos---very impressive.

Thanks Damian and Mike. The only way I could get the pavilion was to buy the rest since I already had 5 sets. I think mine is the 11th one. The workmanship and detail are outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back