1918 In The Trenches............. (1 Viewer)

Bayern

Staff Sergeant
Here is one of my WWI displays with some more in-depth pictures.​

Below showing the German entrenchment......situation getting serious....

11JUN12 033.JPG

The Scottish Brigade has attacked and breached the trench defenses on the left surprising even the most hardened Storm Troopers....situation getting desperate!!!

11JUN12 034.JPG

British and one American storming and overtaking the trench right flank and rear defenses!!!! Situation semi-critical path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11JUN12 036.JPG

The British pressing the rear defenses to get payback on the Uhlan Lancers whom participated in the last gas attack and are planning the next!!!!!!

11JUN12 037.JPG

The Scottish Officers holding the command together....what will happen next........

11JUN12 031.JPG

Stay tuned......same bat time....same bat channel.....for

MORE FROM THE TRENCHES!!!

Ludwig!!

Cool... a lot of great Great War figures you have there some of which I am still trying to come by....:)
Wayne.

Nice idea's here for WW1 diorama, interesting story with it to. Cheers, Robin.

Great collection of WWI figures Ludwig. I spotted two horsemen in the back with lances and with their gasmasks on . Great figures !!!!
guy:)

Great collection of WWI figures Ludwig. I spotted two horsemen in the back with lances and with their gasmasks on . Great figures !!!!
guy:)

Andy will love these pictures! I don't have any Germans with gas masks so will definitely look out for something like these if they come up.

Ludwig:

A great grouping of action World War One figures!

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

I don`t collect WWI, but really liked your fabulous display! Congratulations!

i don`t collect wwi, but really liked your fabulous display! Congratulations!

ludwig:

A great grouping of action world war one figures!

"iron brigade" / gary

andy will love these pictures! I don't have any germans with gas masks so will definitely look out for something like these if they come up.

great collection of wwi figures ludwig. I spotted two horsemen in the back with lances and with their gasmasks on . Great figures !!!!
Guy:)

nice idea's here for ww1 diorama, interesting story with it to. Cheers, robin.

cool... A lot of great great war figures you have there some of which i am still trying to come by....:)
wayne.

here is one of my wwi displays with some more in-depth pictures.​

below showing the german entrenchment......situation getting serious....

View attachment 97360

the scottish brigade has attacked and breached the trench defenses on the left surprising even the most hardened storm troopers....situation getting desperate!!!

View attachment 97361

british and one american storming and overtaking the trench right flank and rear defenses!!!! Situation semi-critical path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 97362

the british pressing the rear defenses to get payback on the uhlan lancers whom participated in the last gas attack and are planning the next!!!!!!

View attachment 97363

the scottish officers holding the command together....what will happen next........

View attachment 97364

stay tuned......same bat time....same bat channel.....for

more from the trenches!!!

ludwig!!

.....in the trenches continued the battle rages on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................

..The Prussian Uhlan's have been dispatched on the right flank as a volley of mustard gas has just been laid over the allied trenches to the rear!!!
Mein Gott!!

004.JPG

.....the Prussian Uhlan's and Totenkopf Hussar's have been dispatched from the left...............yo meine Gut!!!!

002.JPG

...the German Storm Troopers and Prussian Artillery shelling the allies coming through No Man's Land including volleys of machine gun fire from the Maxim's.........who could live through this.....

11JUN12 038.JPG

......the Bavarian 13th crying out........freistaat Bayern in memory of their Kingdom established in the Napoleonic Wars!!!!!!!

015.JPG

.............the Scot's refusing to be driven back fighting on.....Corporal Campbell on the vickers crying out his clan war cry in the ancient Gaelic" Beinn Cruachau," , " 'S fluui an eigh gu Loch Ogha "...............private MacDonald fingers bleeding from feeding ammo belts into the vickers crying out "Via's Naomh Aiulra "......in honor of his clan Keppoch......

11JUN12 034a.JPG

...everywhere from behin them....cry's of " Gaoir Chatha" in the distant.......refusing to be denied for the death's of their friends and countrymen.......

How shall it end?

Lá na nAthaireacha Sona Duit!!!!
Ludwig von Bayern

Very nice Ludwig, I have always had my eye on this range as they look great. Where do you keep your collection,in the U.S. or Germany. ??? Maybe both. ! :smile2:

I really like the cavalrymen with their gas masks,and their horses too.
Mark

I'm also a fan of the horses with gas masks - it's a unique image from history; a real scary image...and they are very effective simply walking rather than charging; there is a sense of the unstoppable about them. Great collection.^&cool

Awesome collection Ludwig, thanks for posting the pic's.

Tom

Awesome collection Ludwig, thanks for posting the pic's.

Tom

I'm also a fan of the horses with gas masks - it's a unique image from history; a real scary image...and they are very effective simply walking rather than charging; there is a sense of the unstoppable about them. Great collection.^&cool

I really like the cavalrymen with their gas masks,and their horses too.
Mark

Very nice Ludwig, I have always had my eye on this range as they look great. Where do you keep your collection,in the U.S. or Germany. ??? Maybe both. ! :smile2:

One of the best ranges for me, nice pics.

Here is one of my WWI displays with some more in-depth pictures.​

Below showing the German entrenchment......situation getting serious....

View attachment 97360

The Scottish Brigade has attacked and breached the trench defenses on the left surprising even the most hardened Storm Troopers....situation getting desperate!!!

View attachment 97361

British and one American storming and overtaking the trench right flank and rear defenses!!!! Situation semi-critical path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 97362

The British pressing the rear defenses to get payback on the Uhlan Lancers whom participated in the last gas attack and are planning the next!!!!!!

View attachment 97363

The Scottish Officers holding the command together....what will happen next........

View attachment 97364

Stay tuned......same bat time....same bat channel.....for

MORE FROM THE TRENCHES!!!

Ludwig!!

.....in the trenches continued the battle rages on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................

..The Prussian Uhlan's have been dispatched on the right flank as a volley of mustard gas has just been laid over the allied trenches to the rear!!!
Mein Gott!!

View attachment 97400

.....the Prussian Uhlan's and Totenkopf Hussar's have been dispatched from the left...............yo meine Gut!!!!

View attachment 97401

...the German Storm Troopers and Prussian Artillery shelling the allies coming through No Man's Land including volleys of machine gun fire from the Maxim's.........who could live through this.....

View attachment 97402

......the Bavarian 13th crying out........freistaat Bayern in memory of their Kingdom established in the Napoleonic Wars!!!!!!!

View attachment 97403

.............the Scot's refusing to be driven back fighting on.....Corporal Campbell on the vickers crying out his clan war cry in the ancient Gaelic" Beinn Cruachau," , " 'S fluui an eigh gu Loch Ogha "...............private MacDonald fingers bleeding from feeding ammo belts into the vickers crying out "Via's Naomh Aiulra "......in honor of his clan Keppoch......

View attachment 97404

...everywhere from behin them....cry's of " Gaoir Chatha" in the distant.......refusing to be denied for the death's of their friends and countrymen.......

How shall it end?

Lá na nAthaireacha Sona Duit!!!!
Ludwig von Bayern

......THE TRENCHES CONTINUED.........

....how will it end.......how will it end?....

.........it will end in RED it will....

11.JPG

...that is Johnie Walker Red!!!...​

12.JPG

....well blimey, some of those Scot's you see were from Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland and worked at Walker's Kilmarnock Whisky prior to joining up...

.....they had brought cases of the fine blended whiskey with them and realizing it was Father's Day this day..... they collectively raised the familiar square bottle's in the air.....upon seeing this the cannon stopped....the maxim's stopped....the Mauser's were set aside and as they all that had heard of Joyeux Noel raised a glass together and stopped the killing.....even if it could only be for one more day......

.....as they drank the Scot asked the German..."what does that mit Gott Fur Konig buisness mean you all were shouting during the fray"?...the German soldier replied, "that means, With God for King and Country", Aye exclaimed the Scot....the German, since they were on the subject asked, " What does that Poch Mahon you all were screaming at us mean"??......the Scot faltered a moment and then stated, "that means you are brave fighters"!!!!...Ha Ha..

....to all Happy 100th Anniversary of Father's Day.......

Thank you all whom have posted with kind remarks and support!!

From your friend,

Ludwig von Bayern

View attachment 97464

View attachment 97465

....well blimey, some of those Scot's you see were from Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland and worked at Walker's Kilmarnock Whisky prior to joining up...

.....they had brought cases of the fine blended whiskey with them and realizing it was Father's Day this day..... they collectively raised the familiar square bottle's in the air.....upon seeing this the cannon stopped....the maxim's stopped....the Mauser's were set aside and as they all that had heard of Joyeux Noel raised a glass together and stopped the killing.....even if it could only be for one more day......

.....as they drank the Scot asked the German..."what does that mit Gott Fur Konig buisness mean you all were shouting during the fray"?...the German soldier replied, "that means, With God for King and Country", Aye exclaimed the Scot....the German, since they were on the subject asked, " What does that Poch Mahon you all were screaming at us mean"??......the Scot faltered a moment and then stated, "that means you are brave fighters"!!!!...Ha Ha..

From your friend,

Ludwig von Bayern

Bayern,
What an outstanding display and what a great story, I know Andy will be impressed!! Thanks for sharing this and everything else you share. You are really doing alot on the forum to stiimulate interest in toy soldiers!! Keep it up!
Best regards
Martin Vasquez
Kings X

Bayern,
What an outstanding display and what a great story, I know Andy will be impressed!! Thanks for sharing this and everything else you share. You are really doing alot on the forum to stiimulate interest in toy soldiers!! Keep it up!
Best regards
Martin Vasquez
Kings X

Martin!!!

Someone from KC posting such a rarity! You know Andy should let you handle the Treefrog forum posts. Why do you not check into it. Of course that might mean relinquishing a little responsibility and control. Andy is way busy....not to say that you are not, but you are not just back from the west-coaster; finished with the Texas show; on the way to the London show; then on your way to Australia.....and so on and so on..................You could answer the questions that we all post about lines and wants etc. Tell us you will get with Andy when he is back from globe trotting?

Anyway, Thank you for your kind remarks. I do love the hobby and looking at everyone's displays and collections. Speaking of which...How about some pictures of your Alamo, Mexican Army etc soldiers posted here on Tree Frog.

Honestly, I would love to see them!!

Your new friend,

Ludwig

View attachment 97464

View attachment 97465

From your friend,

Ludwig von Bayern

Martin!!!

Someone from KC posting such a rarity! You know Andy should let you handle the Treefrog forum posts. Why do you not check into it. Of course that might mean relinquishing a little responsibility and control. Andy is way busy....not to say that you are not, but you are not just back from the west-coaster; finished with the Texas show; on the way to the London show; then on your way to Australia.....and so on and so on..................You could answer the questions that we all post about lines and wants etc. Tell us you will get with Andy when he is back from globe trotting?

Anyway, Thank you for your kind remarks. I do love the hobby and looking at everyone's displays and collections. Speaking of which...How about some pictures of your Alamo, Mexican Army etc soldiers posted here on Tree Frog.

Honestly, I would love to see them!!

Your new friend,

Ludwig

Hello Ludwig,
Not a bad idea, I agree I think there should be a more of an outlet for collectors to give and receive feedback on figures. I will bring this up with Andy in my next conversation, it may not be me filling people in but who knows!
I will post some of my collection soon! So stay tuned.
Martin
Kings X

Hello Ludwig,
Not a bad idea, I agree I think there should be a more of an outlet for collectors to give and receive feedback on figures. I will bring this up with Andy in my next conversation, it may not be me filling people in but who knows!
I will post some of my collection soon! So stay tuned.
Martin
Kings X

Martin, Thanks for your reply!!

I think it is excellent that you agree there should be more of an outlet. Many of us collectors have for some time... After all..we are the ones floating the boat.

Good luck bringing this up with Andy. Perhaps there will be some fruition to having you involved in design and idea gathering, responding to us etc. You are the man for the job!!

I liked your collection pictures. I am looking forward to more. I am working on my single most detailed display thus far as we speak!

Your new friend Ludwig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back