19th Century Turkish Artillery (1 Viewer)

ucla1967

Major
On Cem's blog, I saw his two special commission Hiriart 19th Century Turkish artillery sets which I thought you might like to see.

Attachments

• 19th Century Turkish Artillery.JPG
    19th Century Turkish Artillery.JPG
    423.5 KB · Views: 404
Hi Mike, nice sets - are these Crimean period?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you, they are nice sets. I believe the Ottomans basically wore those blue uniforms in the 19th Century and right up to the start of World War I, but there probably were some changes over that period of time, so these may be later versions. However, the artillery pieces sure look right for 1854. Maybe Cem can throw some light on your question since he seems to have good insight into their uniform history.

Mike

Hi Jeff,

Thank you, they are nice sets. I believe the Ottomans basically wore those blue uniforms in the 19th Century and right up to the start of World War I, but there probably were some changes over that period of time, so these may be later versions. However, the artillery pieces sure look right for 1854. Maybe Cem can throw some light on your question since he seems to have good insight into their uniform history.

Mike

Dear all,
a good and a tricky question...well, i ordered Hiriart a new cannon for 1900's Balkan Turkish army. i like the french guns and they are really looks great. Hiriart developed a french gun with bullets but i thought if it is french it should be loaded from front .so it must fire no bullets ---balls! so he developed balls as you described in Crimian war. but Turks also used that old-antique cannons in Gallipoli War 1915 in the Seddühl-bahir castle against French.the story was that...

Hi Jeff,

Mike

I checked some uniform resources and the Crimean War Turkish uniform was slightly different. They are shown wearing red tasseled fezzes and with a coat that is longer and more flared at the bottom than Hiriart's figures.

I checked some uniform resources and the Crimean War Turkish uniform was slightly different. They are shown wearing red tasseled fezzes and with a coat that is longer and more flared at the bottom than Hiriart's figures.

Here is Hocker Set 252 Turkish Infantry Crimean War as described by Mike

Attachments

• hockerTI.jpg
    hockerTI.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 209
This is Hiriart's stock photo of the non-catalog set TURKISH ARTILLERY, 19TH CENTURY.

Attachments

• TURK ARTILLERY 1900´s.JPG
    TURK ARTILLERY 1900´s.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 216

Users who are viewing this thread

Back