2013 MFCA Show (2 Viewers)

theBaron

Major
Well, we're just a couple of hours away from getting into the hall. I've seen many of our regulars, vendors and artists, and the Hawaiian Shirt Mafia. We had a look in the space around 11:30PM, and the tables and chairs from the previous event were still up. Our rep with the hotel management said they'd start setting up our tables at 2AM, and I can believe it. In the meantime, we've been enjoying a beer or two. I hope to have pics up of the load-in and the show opening later this morning.

Prost!
Brad

Looking forward to the pics and any scoops you find out about.
Mark

It sounds very scary when you know how big the event is with its two sections - the competition and the Mart. But like many, I fully trust Brad's Germanic organizational skills to ultimately create the perfect toy soldier environment.

Having said that, I wonder what the ratio of scantily clad girls versus middle-aged gentlemen on the floor is this year. Their addition was quite a surprise last year. :).

It was great show today with a lot of interesting and scarce sets ... but attendance was kinda low :(
Please enclosed some pictures I posted more pictures in the Trophy thread...
Metal shed sets were beautiful and very expensive :)

sh1.jpgsh2.jpgsh3.jpgsh4.jpgsh5.jpg

One more Metal Shed picture, then
nice Sudan figures not Trophy
and very scarce Britains Tanks in 1:32 scale! They were waiting for Louis but he did not show up ....

sh11.jpgsu1.jpgta1.jpg

A few Russian St. Peterburg figures and buildings.

m4.jpgr1.jpgr2.jpgr3.jpg

Last edited:
I will post some photos of the exhibitor section. Some amazing work.

Here are a few photos from the Exhibitor section.

VF 1.JPG

"Scaramouche." I think this was by Alan Ball.

VF 2.JPG

VF 3.JPG

Thanks for posting pics, guys! Anyone else, please feel free to post more here. I haven't had a chance to get any shots yet.

It was hectic yesterday morning. We couldn't get into the space until 6AM, because there was an event there Thursday. At 11:30PM, Scott, Dennis and I stopped down to the hall, to see what it looked like, and the dinner tables and decorations from the day were still there. And at 6AM, not all of our tables had been set up. So, it was busy. To top it off, Steve Marmando's van broke down in the loading dock tunnel, blocking it. He was able to get it towed. but that made things tight, as you can imagine!

We stuck to the official noon opening this year, no early entry, to give the vendors as much time as possible to load in. At noon, there were about 100 people lined up and waiting eagerly for the open.

Got so say hello to some of the other Treefroggers who are here, Wendy, Tom Dubel, Lawrence, Andreas (andana), and Rodrigo (debrito).. If you head up today, please stop by and say hi. And if you can stick around this evening, come up to the hospitality suite and socialize.

As far as the gate goes, we had 306 patrons and 90 exhibitors come through. There are 55 vendors here this year.

I hope to get some pictures of my own, too.

Prost!
Brad

This photo is just a tease till I can take a pic of my whole Metal Shed TS Lawrence set. It is my first Metal Shed buy and I am now a commited fan and future WW1 collector. The German gunbost was excellent and I did ask about my setting up for a future British version. Will have to wait till this recent buy settles in my wife's craw...:wink2: She was tickled by the models, but I can no longer use " things are really tight right now", when she wants something.:( Michael

Attachments

• metal shed.jpg
    metal shed.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 383
You're heading down a slippery slope Michael. Better watch that craw doesn't come down on you!

Great pictures ..... anyone know the price of that Metal Shed Gun Boat? Thanks.

B.

It was $3800 which included a number of naval figures. Really a wonderful piece of nostalgic art..Michael

Yes, agreed ..... a beautiful work of craftsmanship. Thanks for the info Michael ..... was Bruce Hebron at the show or is there an eastcoast distributer for Metal Shed? :salute::

B.

Yes, agreed ..... a beautiful work of craftsmanship. Thanks for the info Michael ..... was Bruce Hebron at the show or is there an eastcoast distributer for Metal Shed? :salute::

B.

http://www.remsonsec.com/ is his primary dealer...Site is not updated, but has a handful of photos. You should contact Joe Remson and see what he has, at what price. Bruce will do special commissions, but be prepared to wait..Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back