2013 MFCA Show (5 Viewers)

It was $3800 which included a number of naval figures. Really a wonderful piece of nostalgic art..Michael

At $3800 a modern ship would be and old time ship by the time I got it paid off.{eek3}Beautiful stuff nevertheless.Was the rowboat done by a modeler?Now that's what I like.{bravo}}{bravo}}
Mark

Mark,

Yes, the rowboat was done by a modeler. There are some real talented people in the hobby.

Brad

It was great show today with a lot of interesting and scarce sets ... but attendance was kinda low :(
Please enclosed some pictures I posted more pictures in the Trophy thread...
Metal shed sets were beautiful and very expensive :)

View attachment 126394

Thanks for posting this picture, clearly showing some of my boxed plastic sets that I had for sale.........:salute::

One more Metal Shed picture, then
nice Sudan figures not Trophy
and very scarce Britains Tanks in 1:32 scale! They were waiting for Louis but he did not show up ....

View attachment 126403

Thanks as well for posting this picture, which clearly shows some of my stock in boxes on the floor behind my tables, good job...................:salute::

It was hectic yesterday morning. We couldn't get into the space until 6AM, because there was an event there Thursday. At 11:30PM, Scott, Dennis and I stopped down to the hall, to see what it looked like, and the dinner tables and decorations from the day were still there. And at 6AM, not all of our tables had been set up. So, it was busy. To top it off, Steve Marmando's van broke down in the loading dock tunnel, blocking it. He was able to get it towed. but that made things tight, as you can imagine!

We stuck to the official noon opening this year, no early entry, to give the vendors as much time as possible to load in.

Brad,
Thanks to you and your fellow club members for yet another great show, I did incredibly well there, must have been those pictures of my boxed plastic and boxed metal stock on the floor that did it for me.

Also, one of these years, I have no doubt a fist fight is going to break out in that tunnel in the AM as dealers attempt to load in, Steve trying to shoehorn his way around everyone and then having his truck die dead center in the middle of the loading zone was interesting, SO glad I got there ten minutes prior to that mess unfolding.

Thanks to you letting us in at 6:00 and keeping the early buyers out, I was able to get set up in time; actually, a few did sneak in, but they dropped some good coin with me, so no harm, no foul............:wink2:

A lot of my customers like my new displays; less terrain, more figures, better sight angles=more sales, outstanding results with it the past three shows.

Thanks again; for anyone who is close to this show, you should make an effort to attend, the exhibit area alone is worth the price of admission, not to mention the wide variety of dealers who continue to attend, there were a lot of good bargains out there for those who did come, plus Sandor was kind enough to wear his AWI hat all weekend long and Nick wore his highlander get up in rather humid conditions both days, talk about a couple of die hards...................:salute:::salute:::salute::

I frankly don't know how guys like George do it. The amount of boxes that he had at his tables was mind blowing. I can't imagine the effort to load the truck, unpack the truck and set up the tables, then pack up what you haven't sold and unload it when you get home. You have to be exhausted. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

I frankly don't know how guys like George do it. The amount of boxes that he had at his tables was mind blowing. I can't imagine the effort to load the truck, unpack the truck and set up the tables, then pack up what you haven't sold and unload it when you get home. You have to be exhausted. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

Thanks Brad; the best answer I can give you is what Walt, PJ and other members of the Hawaiian shirt mafia (love that nickname by the way) and I came up with, this is a labor of love, you either love what you do or you can't get get it done.

To me, it's really not work, it's being able to live a dream, that's all I can really say............and large amounts of coffee help get me through it..........:wink2:

Thanks Brad; the best answer I can give you is what Walt, PJ and other members of the Hawaiian shirt mafia (love that nickname by the way) and I came up with, this is a labor of love, you either love what you do or you can't get get it done.

To me, it's really not work, it's being able to live a dream, that's all I can really say............and large amounts of coffee help get me through it..........:wink2:

George,

If you have any boxes leftover after the Chicago Show, I have a shed you can store your extra TS in. Much to Greg's surprise I upgraded to a larger shed.{sm4}

Brian

George,

If you have any boxes leftover after the Chicago Show, I have a shed you can store your extra TS in. Much to Greg's surprise I upgraded to a larger shed.{sm4}

Brian

I'm telling you, the new Lewis and Martin you two guys could be...........glad to hear you upgraded that shed, the old one was a bit tired looking..........

As George implied, MFCA looks to be an up and coming show on the East Coast. I highly recommend it, as it has many dealers AND a whole exhibit room of people's figures (kits, scratch, conniseur, etc...). Also, don't mess with George- if a fist fight did break out over parking, he would be at the center{sm4}.
Also, to dealers- I highly recommend this show- if George, Matt, AND Nick can all do very well, then there is definitely a market for more (Ken :wink2:)!
-Sandor

Also, it was very nice to meet some guys from the forum!

I want to add to what's been said about this fantastic show. If you ever have a chance to attend, it is more than worth it! My favorite part is the exhibit area and seeing all the fine craftmanship on display. I don't think any other show has this aspect and thus the MFCA show is unique in this regard.

Here is pic of a set I saw at the show. Another forum member asked me about it but I do not know who the manufacturer is. (Yeoman??) Does anyone have any info on this?

VF 2013.JPG

Mark

I want to add to what's been said about this fantastic show. If you ever have a chance to attend, it is more than worth it! My favorite part is the exhibit area and seeing all the fine craftmanship on display. I don't think any other show has this aspect and thus the MFCA show is unique in this regard.

Here is pic of a set I saw at the show. Another forum member asked me about it but I do not know who the manufacturer is. (Yeoman??) Does anyone have any info on this?

View attachment 126603

Mark

Mark,

That looks like Tommy Atkins or Fusilier Miniatures to me.

Sorry but has not this show been around for decades ?

Yea, I know it was around when I first started collecting over 20 years ago. IIRC it use to be at a college in
West Chester, PA before moving to Valley Forge. I think that it's mainly known for it's military miniatures more than toy soldiers. Many of the figures displayed there are works of art and very humbling to a hack like myself. :redface2: :tongue:

Chuck

It used to be twice the size that it is now, Andy from K & C used to come all the way from HK to attend.

Dealers have retired, stopped coming, passed away, etc, etc with few new dealers taking their places.

For the dealers who still attend, it's still a very good and strong show saleswise.

Plus the exhibit area is top shelf, it alone is worth the trip IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back