2013 New Releases - The RAF (1 Viewer)

WBritain

Master Sergeant
2013 marks the 70th Anniversary of the famous Dams Raid, so what better time to recreat the classic image of Guy Gibson and his crew about to board their Lanc on this classic mission.

25017 CloseupLR.jpg

#25017 RAF 617 Squadron - The Dambusters 70th Anniversary Commemorative Set, 1943 - Guy Gibson, Crew, Lancaster Fuselage and Display Base, 7 Figures and Accessory Display base and partial fuselage of Lancaster - Limited Edition of 750 Sets

2013 marks the 70th Anniversary of the famous Dams Raid, so what better time to recreat the classic image of Guy Gibson and his crew about to board their Lanc on this classic mission.

View attachment 120415

#25017 RAF 617 Squadron - The Dambusters 70th Anniversary Commemorative Set, 1943 - Guy Gibson, Crew, Lancaster Fuselage and Display Base, 7 Figures and Accessory Display base and partial fuselage of Lancaster - Limited Edition of 750 Sets
Very nice indeed, just one minor issue IMO is they should have some head gear on, don't ever see any pics of bomber crews entering planes without some sort of head gear on.
Wayne.

This grouping was copied directly from a very famous photograph that I am sure was staged for propaganda purposes, but it is based on a period source!

This grouping was copied directly from a very famous photograph that I am sure was staged for propaganda purposes, but it is based on a period source!
Ah yes, very true..thanks Ken. I will now remove my foot from my mouth....:redface2:
Wayne.

Attachments

• imagesCATNC0WS.jpg
    imagesCATNC0WS.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 396
Dambuster photo.jpg

Here is a larger image of what we used to inspire us on this piece.

I'm really resisting going down this slippery slope...currently only collecting AZW, but this is really nice.

Very nice, I always wanted to make a memorial, this one looks very impressive:-
DamMemorial.jpg

As I said yesterday a stunning set and, I have already ordered one. A great depiction of the very well known and famous picture!!!
Mitch

I'm impressed how well done the faces of the crew are. Each crewman looks like in the photo and the faces are different from each other enough so they look like individuals.

Terry

I'm impressed how well done the faces of the crew are. Each crewman looks like in the photo and the faces are different from each other enough so they look like individuals.

Terry

Thanks for that comment ....I spent quite a bit of time trying for the faces and individual hair styles :)

Hi Guys,
Just a note to congratulate Richard, Ken & Alan and the whole team of Britains on this new batch of 2013 releases ….. Excellent!
I particularly like the “Dambuster” set and almost had to do a “double take” when I saw the Lancaster….”Where did Richard get hold of one of our K&C Lancs from?” It looked so real!!!
Then later, I saw it was just the tail section….Anyway I love it and want to get one for my own collection.
Very well done! And congratulations to all concerned.
Best personal wishes,

Andy C.​

Great release. Very glad to see some more WWII stuff coming out and in particular RAF.{bravo}}

Although I don't collect Raf. This is simply an outstanding piece. Very tempting.

Nice to see quality people like Alan Ball join the forum.{bravo}}
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back