2018 Baseball season (3 Viewers)

lancer

Lieutenant General
With the start of the Winter Meetings, thought it time to get the 2018 season underway, even though the Marlins/NYY's have already made the big splash prior to the meetings. So, who's going where and who plays the NYY's in the WS?:wink2:^&grin -- Al

They might be without CC as the Angels have made him an offer.

They might be without CC as the Angels have made him an offer.
No real surprise but ESPN is reporting that the Mets are trying to move Harvey. I wouldn't mind if the Nats took a shot at him as a change of scenery has been known to revive careers.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

I'd hate to see poor George's head explode, but one of the local commentators reported that Manny Machado indicated he would waive his no trade clause only to go the Yankees {sm2} . . . could you imagine that lineup? ^&grin Murderer's Row 2.1!!{sm4}

Salary wise there is a limit, even for the Yankees. I read the Cards are preparing a proposal to acquire Machado. The Yankees biggest problem now is how to find a sucker, I mean team, to take on Ellsbury, who also has a no trade clause.

I just have a feeling the Orioles and Machado will reach an agreement to keep him, Angelos knows the talent value in Machado, and Machado seems to love Baltimore and his family there, going out on a weak limb but I think he stays.

Jeff Passan if Yahoo News is reporting that Miami threatened that if he didn’t accept a trade to St. Louis or San Francisco, he would be a Marlin for life. He called their bluff.

The Marlins’ error was in not holding fast. I’m sure Stanton would have eventually caved.

No real surprise but ESPN is reporting that the Mets are trying to move Harvey. I wouldn't mind if the Nats took a shot at him as a change of scenery has been known to revive careers.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

They’re in discussion with the Rangers but nothing is imminent.

After missing out on Stanton the Giants are now focused in on JD Martinez. They desperately need power so I am hoping that they land him.

I’ve heard the Red Sox have a strong interest in Martinez.

I'd hate to see poor George's head explode, but one of the local commentators reported that Manny Machado indicated he would waive his no trade clause only to go the Yankees {sm2} . . . could you imagine that lineup? ^&grin Murderer's Row 2.1!!{sm4}

Sure, trade the four bats and two boxes of balls you have left over from the Marlins trade and go get Manny too. Then trade Ellsbury to some sucker and then sign Harper while you're at it Louis.

Your team salary will be 6 billion dollars, but what the heck, it's not your money, salary cap and luxury tax be ****ed, it's the MFY's and they always get what they want.

That way, instead of winning 3 out of the next 5 WS, you'll win 5 in a row because afterall, the MFY's are so starved for WS titles, they "only" have 27 at this point.

Baseball is dead to me, but you go and have yourself a ball watching Microsoft steamroll the rest of MLB for the next decade, what fun.

Sure, trade the four bats and two boxes of balls you have left over from the Marlins trade and go get Manny too. Then trade Ellsbury to some sucker and then sign Harper while you're at it Louis.

Your team salary will be 6 billion dollars, but what the heck, it's not your money, salary cap and luxury tax be ****ed, it's the MFY's and they always get what they want.

That way, instead of winning 3 out of the next 5 WS, you'll win 5 in a row because afterall, the MFY's are so starved for WS titles, they "only" have 27 at this point.

Baseball is dead to me, but you go and have yourself a ball watching Microsoft steamroll the rest of MLB for the next decade, what fun.

You mean like the way the Patriots, with Belichik and Brady's ability to get whatever players they want to come to New England, steamroll the NFL (notwithstanding last nights debacle in Miami)?{sm4} Just for the record, as of this moment, the Yankees are below the luxury tax and the Red Sox have a higher payroll . . . ^&grin

I see that the Os are trying to move Machado.
Yep, rumor being they want 2 contollable SP's for him. O's also very interested in Matt Harvey, so, throw in Thor and we'll talk.:wink2: Another rumor...Nats are talking about the possibility of getting Arrieta. Let me dream about that one...Nats rotation would be Scherzer, Strasburg, Arrieta, Gonzalez, and Roark. Hmm...I'll take it! It is only rumor and signing Arrieta would add a 3rd huge pitching contract with Harper going FA, so I don't think it's really doable if the Nats expect to make a run at Harper. However, if they are resigned to losing Harper... -- Al

You mean like the way the Patriots, with Belichik and Brady's ability to get whatever players they want to come to New England, steamroll the NFL (notwithstanding last nights debacle in Miami)?{sm4} Just for the record, as of this moment, the Yankees are below the luxury tax and the Red Sox have a higher payroll . . . ^&grin

You're not seriously going to compare football to baseball at you Louis? Football has a hard cap and the only portion of a contract that is guaranteed is the signing bonus.

And the Red Sox are only ahead of the MFY's in payroll thanks to them being on the hook for that fat slob Panda's shitshow of a contract, they're paying a player who's no longer on the team.

I saw that loss last night coming from a mile away; Miami is New England's personal house of horrors and for whatever unknown reason, Miami treats that game like their personal Super Bowl. This is a team that lost 40-0 to Baltimore, they are a total shitshow, but golly gee, last night they were world beaters.

The game this Sunday is all that matters.

Interestingly enough most of the regular contributors to this thread root for teams whose payrolls are in the top 12 in baseball:

1 Los Angeles Dodgers: $242,065,828
2 New York Yankees: $201,539,699
3 Boston Red Sox: $199,805,178

4 Detroit Tigers: $199,750,600
5 Toronto Blue Jays: $177,795,368
6 Texas Rangers: $175,909,063
7 San Francisco Giants: $172,354,611
8 Chicago Cubs: $172,189,880
9 Washington Nationals: $167,846,918
10 Baltimore Orioles: $163,676,616
11 Los Angeles Angels: $160,375,333
12 New York Mets: $155,187,460

I see that the Os are trying to move Machado.

Buster Olney tweeted the following:

"The Yankees are one of the teams that has expressed interest in Manny Machado. There would be major questions about whether the two division rivals would actually conclude a deal, but Orioles are listening, Yankees have a loaded farm system. White Sox also interested."

Interestingly enough most of the regular contributors to this thread root for teams whose payrolls are in the top 12 in baseball:

Wow..not much to show for the O's sitting on 163 mill..:(:(

Very interesting. As my momma used to say, "Money doesn't buy happiness.", and obviously it doesn't always buy titles. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back