20mm Napoleonics with new faux fur mat... (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Lieutenant General
A large 9 by 5 faux fur mat along with some of my Napoleonics.........

P1010001_13.jpg

P1010002_13.jpg

P1010003_13.jpg

P1010005_09.jpg

P1010006_11.jpg

I really like this mat, just incredible in person, really makes the displays pop...............

P1010007_08.jpg

P1010008_11.jpg

P1010012_11.jpg

P1010010_10.jpg

P1010011_12.jpg

Hi George,

Great.....just love to view your Napoleonic display.

very neat British squares with command and colours in the centre.....

French cavalry advancing on the artillery batteries.....

Thanks very much for sharing,

Best Wishes, Raymond.:)

Hi George,

Great.....just love to view your Napoleonic display.

very neat British squares with command and colours in the centre.....

French cavalry advancing on the artillery batteries.....

Thanks very much for sharing,

Best Wishes, Raymond.:)

Thanks for taking the time to comment Raymond, I appreciate it; I plan on doing a much larger display with several thousand figures very soon on the very same mat.

Excellent reminds me of the Aeriel shots from the film Waterloo. Thanks for sharing.

Regards John

Thanks for taking the time to comment Raymond, I appreciate it; I plan on doing a much larger display with several thousand figures very soon on the very same mat.

Excellent reminds me of the Aeriel shots from the film Waterloo. Thanks for sharing.

Regards John

Well George, I thought your displays were great to start with, but the mat makes them so much better! :)

Is this the warm up for the biggie on June 18th? ;)

Jeff

There awesome mate,a bigger one that will be great cant wait to see that one,hmmm 20mm that looks interesting to get involved in...................:)

Outstanding mat. That really fits my image of Napoleonic warfare. And I know I've said it before, but the level of detail in the painting of these small figures is just fantastic. Looks really great, George. -- Al

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback.

These mats are very popular in both 54mm-60mm displays (Build A Rama, JG, etc) and also in 15mm-28mm wargaming, they are the hottest thing going in both genres.

There are four different colors used on the mat, three shades of green and one shade of yellow and the roads are carved into it.

This was a test run so to speak and as Jeff pointed out, June 18th is right around the corner, so stay tuned..............

Very nice George, great to have the space to display a layout like that. I need to jump on the band wagon and get some mats for my layout.

Very nice George, great to have the space to display a layout like that. I need to jump on the band wagon and get some mats for my layout.

Thanks for the feedback, the area is 8 by 5, I can expand it to 9 by 6, plenty of room for 20mm figures.

The great thing about the mats is Build A Rama can make them any size you want to fit your display area, I am sure John would do the same if asked

George nice set up! That guy did a great job on that mat, looking forward to the larger set up.:cool:

Nicely set up and displayed George and Looking forward to seeing it once again when your 7.000 figures appear on it.

George, Very nice!
Couple of questions: I would imagine you could just throw a piece of styrofoam under and have elevation changes?
And naturally in order to keep your figures in an upright position you have to group them on a base, whats the minimum number to a base to give it enough size/weight to stay put?
Ray

Thanks Tim, Lt and Ray...........Ray, yes, foam underneath will elevate it to create hills, Tim and I talked about that. I have some styrofoam hills that are not too tall that I will experiment with to see how it looks.

Most of my foot figures are based 4 to a stand, cavalry 3 to a stand. Iv'e also got a lot of figures based individually. The fur has been trimmed down in some areas almost flat to create different heights for the crops, so in the trimmed areas, single figures stand up ok so far...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back