36th Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show - Show info. (1 Viewer)

HobbyBunker

Corporal
The East Coast Toy Soldier Show is held every fall at Fairleigh Dickinson University’s 40,000 sq. ft. Rothman Center, 100 University Plaza Drive, Hackensack, NJ 07601

Sunday, November 4th 9AM-3PM

http://eastcoasttoysoldiershow.com/

The Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show & Sale has grown to be the largest and best attended Toy Soldier Show on the East Coast.

We hope to see you at the show this year. Come down and pay your respects to Bill Lango.

This my 21st year as Hobby Bunker and about my 30th show. Crazy how time flies. I remember going to the original location with my father in the 1980's. That place was a mad house of people crammed into the old German beer hall. IMG_9406-600x400.jpg

Went to show early this morning for a quick visit.
Seemed well attended and upbeat. The regulars were there....MinuteMen, Hobby Bunker, Crown, Treefrog, Aeroart, Metal Shed, etc. along with many specialty vendors.
Looked like many private collectors and smaller dealers were trying to sell off their wares at good prices.
Picked up a few bargains but nothing new and exciting. I did not see any Trophy at all but a lot of old Britain's glossies.
Hopefully the show will continue although Bill Longo will be missed.

There were a couple of Town & Country sets but nothing exciting. I picked up a couple of FL AWI sets and a BBC documentary on the Spanish Civil War but that was it. I believe this was the final show.

I saw one dealer with an extensive group of new Hocker sets in box. Does anyone know if he was offering discounts off list prices?

I believe this was the final show.

I spoke with Bill's daughter Karin and never say never is all I can say at this time...…………….;).

Bill would have been proud to see how his family pulled it off yesterday, they did a great job.

I think it would be great to see the show continue on and have the family take over, but that's not up to me to decide, it's up to them as a family to come to a decision.

I spoke with Bill's daughter Karin and never say never is all I can say at this time...…………….;).

Bill would have been proud to see how his family pulled it off yesterday, they did a great job.

I think it would be great to see the show continue on and have the family take over, but that's not up to me to decide, it's up to them as a family to come to a decision.

I agree with you on all counts, George. A lot can happen in a year. I'm cautiously optimistic about the future, too.

It was a good show, though I wound up buying only an Imrie-Risley kit figure. But I enjoying visiting with other collectors and dealers more.

A number of empty spaces, but some of that-most of that?-could be chalked up to the unique situation of Bill's passing, and some miscommunications about the show's status. Apparently there were still some folks who didn't realize up to a relatively late time, that the show was going to be held. I was looking for one particular seller, too, but I couldn't find him, and the Langos didn't recognize his name, so I don't think he was there.

Here's looking forward to another show, next year!
Brad

Speaking of the future, I just saw this post on the East Coast Toy Soldier Show's Facebook page:

ECTSS_2019.png

Hope for the future!

Prost!
Brad

Nice review!

I saw from your pictures of Hobby Bunker's tables that I missed the Frontline German town backdrop pieces. Probably a good thing, though, since I shouldn't spend anything right now.

The number of vendors was definitely down compared to previous years. For example, the whole left side of the hall was open, and even last year, there were four or five individual vendors with tables along that side. And on a couple of the back rows, there were empty tables. But I think that was more to last-minute changes and uncertainty about the show, from the time of Bill's passing in July, right up to the show date.

Hopefully someone will make an arrangement of some kind, and the show will continue, in that location and calendar slot. This is the premiere toy soldier show (as opposed to exhibitions with vendor areas) in the East coast, and it would be a shame if it did indeed come to an end. We'll have to keep our ears and eyes open for news.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks guys for the kind words. I try to do my best. Some of the vendors were located in different spots. Paul Stadinger said there was one less row of tables. Brad you were right about the uncertainty of the show that most likely caused less vendors to attend. I had messaged them about pre-ordering a ticket, but got no response.

I have heard different things about if or where the show will be next year. I guess we will have to wait. Either way it is an end of any era with the passing of Bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back