37th Annual East Coast Toy Soldier Show - Hackensack, New Jersey Sunday November 3rd (1 Viewer)

Julie

Administrator
Staff member
Appearing once again - Tom & I will be in attendance!

If you have any product requests, please let me know as soon as possible so I can have the items in stock and pack them into my suitcase.
Suitcase space is on a first come, first packed basis!

Rothman Center - Fairleigh Dickinson University
Hackensack, New Jersey
9am - 3pm

See you there!

Julie

Appearing once again - Tom & I will be in attendance!

If you have any product requests, please let me know as soon as possible so I can have the items in stock and pack them into my suitcase.
Suitcase space is on a first come, first packed basis!

Rothman Center - Fairleigh Dickinson University
Hackensack, New Jersey
9am - 3pm

See you there!

Julie

Just make sure no one orders foliage or it will get seized; meanwhile, **** tons of nose candy and weed get smuggled into the country, but God forbit a plant gets shipped...……………….and eat those peanut M & M's in the car on the way to the airport too...………...

Curious to hear what vendors have to say about the show today. I attended in the morning for a few hours. Not much new but some bargains and older figures.
I thought the traffic was good from opening until I left at 10:45. Still not many young attendees, maybe two or three with their fathers.

I checked out figures from "Team Miniatures" (Mongols and Sioux Indians) and was very impressed.

Always enjoy seeing the team from Treefrog, George at Minutemen, Ted from WBritains and many others.

Curious to hear what vendors have to say about the show today. I attended in the morning for a few hours. Not much new but some bargains and older figures.
I thought the traffic was good from opening until I left at 10:45. Still not many young attendees, maybe two or three with their fathers.

I checked out figures from "Team Miniatures" (Mongols and Sioux Indians) and was very impressed.

Always enjoy seeing the team from Treefrog, George at Minutemen, Ted from WBritains and many others.

Rich, great seeing you! and many other familiar faces, as always a pretty good show. Traffic was brisk til about 1 which was not bad. People seemed to be having a good time and I think quality items sold. I found a nice Circus Wagon on the floor from Big Top Toys = Zena's Snake Wagon. Really neat piece and well made.

TD

Great seeing everyone today! I did my part to support the hobby!!!! 😀
Pics soon

I thought it was a well attended show and dealers seemed to be very busy. From what I could tell things didn’t ease off until around 1230. There also seemed to be a large variety, which was pleasantly surprising. I picked up an early AeroArt piece from a person who was selling his collection. He also had a very nice glossy WW I collection.

Great to see vendors and collectors alike having a good show/enjoying themselves.

I had a great show, number was up about 45% over last year, plans are full steam ahead for next year as well according to the promoter.

It's onwards and upward to the Long Island show in two weeks, then the show season is over for me...……………...

Another early AeroArt figure I picked up yesterday. Goes well with my other AeroArt Russian Napoleonic figures.

I thought it was a well attended show and dealers seemed to be very busy. From what I could tell things didn’t ease off until around 1230. There also seemed to be a large variety, which was pleasantly surprising. I picked up an early AeroArt piece from a person who was selling his collection. He also had a very nice glossy WW I collection.

COOL PIECE! Nice pick up!
Tom

I was there from opening till around noon. Attendance seemed pretty good. The number of vendors is down, but that's not surprising. Time takes us all.

More plastic than ever before, but that's not surprising. It's said that we collect what we played with as kids. The generations that had classic hollowcast toy soldiers as children is almost gone. The next generations played with plastic army men, and I think that drives the demand for plastic figures today.

As far as children go, I saw a good number of younger people there. One attraction was the wargame table, sponsored and run by the Historical Miniature Gaming Society. Those are the folks who bring us the three wargaming shows every year: Historicon, Cold Wars, and the upcoming Fall In (the weekend of the 15th). I watched for a while as a RevWar game was played. The kids there really enjoyed it.

For me, the show is more of an opportunity to meet up with people I talk to all the time online, both dealers and collectors. It was good to catch up with guys like George & Larry, and Matt & Joe, Ray & Bre, Kent Klein, Paul Boyd and Dan, and Julie, Tim, & Zach, Louis, Brad, and so many more whose names escape me now. I didn't actually buy anything, just picked up items I bought from vendors online.

I think the Lango family did a great job staging the show again this year, and I hope they're able to keep it going.

Prost!
Brad

I was there from opening till around noon. Attendance seemed pretty good. The number of vendors is down, but that's not surprising. Time takes us all.

More plastic than ever before, but that's not surprising. It's said that we collect what we played with as kids. The generations that had classic hollowcast toy soldiers as children is almost gone. The next generations played with plastic army men, and I think that drives the demand for plastic figures today.

As far as children go, I saw a good number of younger people there. One attraction was the wargame table, sponsored and run by the Historical Miniature Gaming Society. Those are the folks who bring us the three wargaming shows every year: Historicon, Cold Wars, and the upcoming Fall In (the weekend of the 15th). I watched for a while as a RevWar game was played. The kids there really enjoyed it.

For me, the show is more of an opportunity to meet up with people I talk to all the time online, both dealers and collectors. It was good to catch up with guys like George & Larry, and Matt & Joe, Ray & Bre, Kent Klein, Paul Boyd and Dan, and Julie, Tim, & Zach, Louis, Brad, and so many more whose names escape me now. I didn't actually buy anything, just picked up items I bought from vendors online.

I think the Lango family did a great job staging the show again this year, and I hope they're able to keep it going.

Prost!
Brad

There was a ton of plastic at Chicago this year as well; main reason is that age group who were responsible for the huge upswing in plastics popularity in the mid to late 1990's as they reentered the hobby are now into their mid to late 60's/early 70's and many of them are realizing they have way more than they really need, that age group is also going through retirement/downsizing/fixed income/sadly also having health problems and passing away.

I like the idea of bringing different groups into the toy soldier shows; modelers, wargamers, militaria and reenactor hobbyists, etc, etc; we have to expand our horizons and band together as collectors to keep the hobbies going...……………..again, well done show by the Lango's, they are already in the planning stages for next year, which is great news.

Morning Richard ... it was good to see you at the show when you stopped by the MM tables. Fun talk about the new JJD Saratoga sets and more.
Also was great to meet Mike Thorton from the Museum of History in NY where you and he set up that incredible AWI display.

--- LaRRy

Anyone know if the east coast show is happening this year?? Thanks

Anyone know if the east coast show is happening this year?? Thanks

The Langos are working on it..............in the end, it's going to be up to the college as to whether they will allow the show to be held there or not.

That's all I have for now.

The Langos are working on it..............in the end, it's going to be up to the college as to whether they will allow the show to be held there or not.

That's all I have for now.
Thanks George, I really like this show!

Does anyone know if the show will happen this year?

Thanks

The college is not interested in hosting it with DELTA still an issue, so the promoter has mothballed it for another year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back