3D print Roman Temple facade (1 Viewer)

Horus

Brigadier General
Just got this 3D print and it looks pretty good even before painting.

DSCF0617.JPGDSCF0619.JPGDSCF0618.JPGDSCF0616.JPG

Perfect or it will be once you apply your painting skills. There is no limit now that 3D printers are in the mix. Robin.

Perfect or it will be once you apply your painting skills. There is no limit now that 3D printers are in the mix. Robin.

Thanks Robin :salute::

I'm kind of sorry that I didn't go for the whole temple front to back, but I know that for me for practically I can really only go for the facade.
Just sprayed some grey primer on the Temple itself and Red primer on the roof. when it dries and if not raining again I'll do a bit more spray painting. Also will need to do the road surface for my other buildings which just for a photo I've laid it out as an open area in front of the temple and may well get some more printed for use as such.

With primer already looking better !
Nothing is glued into position it's all just balanced at moment for photos.

55.jpg

Last photo for today and until I make a bit of progress on the painting, detailing,weathering.
So with the paint dry added a coat of white Spray paint, this also is just primer, the primers you can just get from an autocare store, also gave the roof a coat of Spray can paint this time RUST-OLEUM Natural effects Terracotta.
The 3D Print was done for me by fellow forum member Paul Bell ( bellarus6666@gmail.com ) contact him if interested having one of these yourself, he can usually do the painting for you as well unless you prefer to do your own and save a bit.

55.jpg

And finished
I chose not to go garish with painting the decoration around the outside. Modern tastes !
Until I change my mind ! ^&grin
57.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Wayne :salute::

Yes I'm pleased too at how well it turned out.

You must be very happy Steve with this Roman temple facade. You would not think it was 3D printed. Thank you for sharing your project.

Cheers,
Grey

You must be very happy Steve with this Roman temple facade. You would not think it was 3D printed. Thank you for sharing your project.

Cheers,
Grey

Thanks Grey ! 👍

Yes it's a great little building. It's was modelled on the Temple of Potunus in Rome, that still survives though was converted to a church in centuries past.
Same designer has done an excellent Temple of Hercules also in Rome.

Thanks Grey ! 👍

Yes it's a great little building. It's was modelled on the Temple of Potunus in Rome, that still survives though was converted to a church in centuries past.
Same designer has done an excellent Temple of Hercules also in Rome.

Oops! Suffering from fat fingers typing on my phone, should read Temple of Portunus.

Oops! Suffering from fat fingers typing on my phone, should read Temple of Portunus.

Thank you Steve. I know what you mean. The Temple of Hercules Victor would be interesting.

Cheers,
Grey

Yes a circular Temple would look good, for myself it's a matter of lack of space, but for anyone who has room and is interested, it would fit in well with an urban Roman diorama !

Thanks for sharing all the 3D bldgs.! They look great in your dioramas. Interesting all around.
Paddy

Beautiful structure, Steve. Really like this one in your Roman scenes.
Thanks Rob :salute::
Just the sort of thing to set off your Emperors Garden figures maybe ! ^&grin

Thanks for sharing all the 3D bldgs.! They look great in your dioramas. Interesting all around.
Paddy

Thanks Paddy :salute::

Certainly adds to the hobby being able to have buildings like this available now I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back