40MM Rev War (2 Viewers)

Ragnar

First Sergeant
I made small purchase of these 40mm Front Rank Rev War castings,2 British and 2 Continentals its a new scale for me.
But i have to say they are very impressive with very sharp detail..The British came with fixed heads but the Americans with a choice of 3 heads/hats.
I will get to them next but first i will brush on some paint on the these two Red Coats!

40mmREVWAR001.jpg

Very nice figures. I am doing the Alamo in 40MM and ACW in 40MM. I like having the choice of heads for the figures.

Walt

Walt yes the choice of heads are a good idea i think.

STEP TWO.....First coat of red and some white for the pants,brown on the muskets........they will look like crap until i get to the 90% mark ^&grin

rev2001.jpg

STEP THREE.....Getting there, some flesh added and Gunmetal brushed over black works well.

rev3006.jpg

Hi Ragnar,

I think you did an outstanding paint job with these 2 figures. Thanks for sharing these!!

Mark

Thanks REVWARBUFF,

STEP FOUR.....Added some white trim painted the hair and a bit of detail on the faces...

revwar3001.jpg

Wow!

They are nice looking figures Ragnar and have painted up extremely well!

I can see the attraction to this scale.

Scott

Cheers Scott,

STEP FIVE....Just a little tidy up here and there,Plus i added all the silver buttons {not that they can be seen from to feet away anyway :rolleyes2:}.
I think im just about done on the painting well they are good enough for me and they should look good in a firing line,yea i might have to pick up some more!.
Each step was only about 10-15 mins each time i sat down to paint both at the same time...next up a coat of varnish and then terrain the bases.

revwar4002.jpg

Nice job on those two Ragnar. I agree they do paint up quickly. I've had a go at some 40mm - but find them just too small for my old eyes. I do admire your methodical step by step approach to painting too. Good idea to get a few more - as Im sure they will look superb "en masse". johnnybach

These 40mm castings have some great detail and you have done a super paint job as usual! {bravo}}

Jeff

Nice looking little figures. Had a look at the website and at only 2 GBP and some change apiece you could have yourself a sizable display at a reasonable cost. Good work and hope to see more soon.

MD

Cheers Johnny,Jeff and Dave...They were rather fun to work on i will have to slip in a few here and there while i work on my mountain of 28mm Naps.

Nicely done, Ragnar!

I wasn't familiar with this maker, and these castings are very nicely detailed. With your technique, you've produced some great results. I would have said the scale was larger, say 1/32, from your details, if I hadn't known that they were 40mm. Really well done!

Prost!
Brad

Cheers Walt and Brad....Funny you mention that about the scale as i think they do have that same visual look of 54's.
Not the best pic with big Cav behind them but you get the idea.

frontrank40m001.jpg

Ragnar,
Did you ever get any more of these?They have added more to the range since this thread.
Mark

Ragnar, Front Rank does have an extensive list for AWI. BUT there's MORE.
http://www.sashandsaber.com/catalog40AWI.php4
http://www.miniatureservicecenter.com/msc-40mm-trident-home.htm.

A bewildering amount of troops and units for spectacular horse and musket armies. I have been tempted by 40mm AWI.I've only ever seen any via the web , but as you can see from the diorama and wargame pic on MCS's site, they are wonderful. Appears you can build practically whole armies with few duplicates.Excellent castings.Would be great to collect but I'm in too deep in other lead adventures to even contemplate.Your Redcoats look great!
FUB

Hi Ragnar,
nice figures and you did a great job painting them up nicely, really like them. Sorry to see that the 40mm scale seem to have become almost forgotten. I know that wargame figures are being produced these days but the old Toy Soldiers in 40-45mm scale (solid and semi-round) are hard to find now. If I wasn't allready torn between 30mm Flats, 54mm Toy Soldiers an 70mm Elastolin's I would pay much more attention to 40mm scale than I am actually doing.
Thanks for shareing
Kind regards
Wolfgang

Wow strong bump I forgot about this thread
Mark I never did get far with this collection I probably got side tracked and ended up painting something else :eek:.
But do check in on Front Rank now and then did notice they have added some nice castings.....so very tempting!
Fubar some great displays there the mind boggles with what could be done with all those 40mm castings out there.
Cheers for the nice comments guys much appreciated.

Ps Might have to paint some more as I do like the period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back