4th US Cav. patrol vs Comanche warriors 1866 (1 Viewer)

Iron Brigade

Command Sergeant Major
I just completed a new about 28 by 10 inch diorama of a U.S. 4th Regiment Cavalry patrol being attacked by Comanche Indian Warriors in Southwest Texas in about 1866. The U.S. 4th Cavalry regiment per my Online research was sent to Texas in November 1865 and was there for some years. The cavalry troopers come from K&C's "AC" American Civil War series. I would assume that at least in 1866 this unit would have had about the same kind of uniforms as they did during the civil war just the year before. The attacking Comanche Indians come from K&C's "TRW" The Real West" series representing Comanche Indian Warriors in circa 1850 & beyond. Please see 5 photos shown below.

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

Forum1.jpg

Forum2.jpg

Forum3.jpg

Forum4.jpg

1866 4th US Cav. Vs Comanche Indians 017Forum5.jpg

So nice to see a diorama on indians!!! It is so rare to see, thank you!!!!:smile2:

Yes, dont exactly see indians very much...none the less very nice!^&grin

Dave

The 4th Cavalry under Mackenzie was considered the best trained and led regiment of the 10 regiments in the post civil war army.
Mark

The 4th Cavalry under Mackenzie was considered the best trained and led regiment of the 10 regiments in the post civil war army.
Mark

Mark:

Thanks very much your your further historical data on the U.S. Army's 4th Cavalry Regiment in the post civil war period.

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

A really underappreciated line I believe. I just got back from vacation to Arizona and really got into the Native American culture out there. I am toying around with buying KC's line of Native Americans along with some other companies like Southlands.

Nice work!! Cool how you covered the bases.

Gary...that's very cool...nice collection and display...it's great to see some Cavalry and Indians for a change...

very cool

I ask Andy in my title "yellow ribbon", releases more cavalry?, but Andy does not answer.:redface2:

A really underappreciated line I believe. I just got back from vacation to Arizona and really got into the Native American culture out there. I am toying around with buying KC's line of Native Americans along with some other companies like Southlands.

Nice work!! Cool how you covered the bases.

"Currahee Chris":

Thanks a lot for your kind comments!

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

I want to thank everyone who was nice enough to post comments on my newest diorama of a group of circa 1866 U.S. Army 4th Regiment of Cavalrymen being attacked by Comanche Warriors.

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

I just recently decided that there was "room for just one more" 4th Cavalry Trooper, namely K&C set# CW 062 of a trooper on horseback "Aiming his Carbine". One new overall view photo and one close up photo of the left side of revised diorama shown below.

"Iron Brigade"

Forum1.jpg

1866 - 4th U.S. Army Cavalry Vs Comanche Warriors 012Forum2.jpg

Nice dio, Gary.
But I do have a bit-of-a-pickle. I have a little American Indian blood in me so I just don't know who to root for. Ummmm :confused:

Since I have New England Indian I guess I'll go for the 4th US Cav. Really fun to see these different sets. Like my AWI we just don't see that many great setups like yours. {sm3}

Thanks
Larry

Nice dio, Gary.
But I do have a bit-of-a-pickle. I have a little American Indian blood in me so I just don't know who to root for. Ummmm :confused:

Since I have New England Indian I guess I'll go for the 4th US Cav. Really fun to see these different sets. Like my AWI we just don't see that many great setups like yours. {sm3}

Thanks
Larry

Hello Larry:

Thanks for your kind comments and your notation about who to root for, ha, ha!

"Iron Brigade" / Gary

i just completed a new about 28 by 10 inch diorama of a u.s. 4th regiment cavalry patrol being attacked by comanche indian warriors in southwest texas in about 1866. The u.s. 4th cavalry regiment per my online research was sent to texas in november 1865 and was there for some years. The cavalry troopers come from k&c's "ac" american civil war series. I would assume that at least in 1866 this unit would have had about the same kind of uniforms as they did during the civil war just the year before. The attacking comanche indians come from k&c's "trw" the real west" series representing comanche indian warriors in circa 1850 & beyond. Please see 5 photos shown below.

"iron brigade" / gary

View attachment 102604

View attachment 102605

View attachment 102606

View attachment 102607

View attachment 102608

very nice dio!!! I like how you buried the bases of the figures! A very nice touch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back