6 inch MARX SOVIETS in 1:32 (1 Viewer)

Plastic General

Corporal
Yes, someone did bootleg copies of the classic 6 inch MARX SOVIETS about 10 years ago and shrunk them down to "almost" 1:32, actually more like 1:35th.
There were 12 original poses from the sculpture.
6 were relegated to 1:32 and sadly 6 were destined to become 6 inch.
For years I fantasized about having them all together in one scale until someone had the guts to do it.

Plastic General

P1020042.JPG
Here is the full family photo.

P1020043.JPG

P1020044.JPG

P1020045.JPG
As you can see from these comparative photos, the size difference and that while similar in a few of the poses that they are very different sculpts.
A must have for any passionate 1:32 WWII collector, who wants to see their miniature families reunited.

The Plastic General

Many times I wish that Marx or "someone" would pantograph down the 6-inch US soldiers/Marines to the 54-60mm size.. There were several nice poses that would have complemented the original 1/32nd GIs/Marines.

Gary B

Many times I wish that Marx or "someone" would pantograph down the 6-inch US soldiers/Marines to the 54-60mm size.. There were several nice poses that would have complemented the original 1/32nd GIs/Marines.

Gary B

The same company DID.
Unfortunately all of their figures are 51mm instead of matching the official 54mm groupings.
Here are some photos of the MARINES you speak of.

Plastic General
(Sorry, I think something has gone wrong with the forum posting device?)

marx-54mm-versions-of-6-toy-soldiers.html

This soldiers originally downscaled by unknown italian company in mid 70'.

Later moulds was sold to Argentina and some years ago reissued by DSG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back