78th Annual MFCA Show & Mart-April 12 and 13, 2019 (1 Viewer)

theBaron

Major
We will be holding our 78th Annual Show and Mart on Friday, April 12th and Saturday, April 13th, 2019 and will be returning to the Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast at 2400 Old Lincoln Highway in Trevose, PA. See works from the best painters and modelers in the world, in subjects ranging from historical to fantasy and science fiction, and browse the vendor mart, featuring some of the giants in the field like Minuteman Toy Soldiers and Hobby Bunker, to name a few.

We look forward to seeing our old friends and making new ones at the show!

Here's our latest list of vendors attending (alpha by business name, or by vendor's last name):

AeroArt
Armies of the World Miniatures-Michael Goldenberg
Army Group Center Wargaming-Gary Green
Armand Bayardi-Model Maker
Artist Preservation Group-Mike Stelzel
B&M Miniatures-Bill Donahue
Birch Tree Enterprises-John Jefferies
Paul Boyd Trains & Toy Soldiers
Counterpane-Bill Graver
William Davis & Son, Booksellers
DearthCo-Doug Dearth
Rich DiBenedetto
Hobby Bunker
John's Models-John Struck
Jim Johnston
Dan Jones
Michael Jones
Last Cavalry-David Youngquist
The Little Tin Soldier-Jack Muldoon
Jim Molenaro
Military History Shop-Matthew Reinert
Minutemen Toy Soldiers-George Guerriero
Charles O'Brien
Picacho Peak Collectibles-Francis Reinprecht
Quartermaster Corps-Carl Hoegermeyer
The Model Cellar-Paul Ardeck
Old Toy Soldier-Ray Haradin
On Military Matters-Dennis Shorthouse
Relic Golden Amusement, Inc-Ed Gries
Studio Miniatures-John Drown
Matthew Thompson
Tradition Studios-Keith Rocco
Treefrog Treasures-Tom Dubel
United Empire Miniatures-Mike Cramer
Kenneth Wallace

Prost!
Brad

hi Brad,
look forward to seeing you on Thursday, almost here! Quick question - is Russ S. or Paul Amody coming?

TD

I’ll be getting in Thursday afternoon to get this party started!!! 😀

HI. I do not see the Marksmen or Michigan Toy Soldier on the vendor list. Are they both not attending this year?

Walt

HI. I do not see the Marksmen or Michigan Toy Soldier on the vendor list. Are they both not attending this year?

Walt

The Marxsman is not attending, he'll be at the Gettysburg Show on May 5th.

Michigan Toy Soldiers does the three HMGS shows now and also Chicago, no longer does MFCA.

Nice to see Thor back at the show, he's like an flagship store in a mall and I'm glad he's back.

Will be nice to see Keith Rocco, super nice person and so down to earth considering he's a world famous artist.

This is my second favorite show behind Chicago, it's nice to settle in for two days, I always find something to buy and the exhibit area is top shelf.

Brad, is Bill Horan coming this year, would love to meet him in person, he inspired me to start collecting Franco Prussian War.............will be rolling in on Thursday with my right hand man Larry.......Larry keeps me in line.......or I keep him in line, I forget which now, what I enjoy the most about him coming is the adventures we seem to get into, him locking himself out of the rooms at Chicago a few years ago is one of the most classic Larry stories ever, beyond hysterical, totally unintentional as far as the humor, but Larry being Larry, he made it a classic.....................

Warriror - thanks for that update on Marksman and MTS.

Looking forward to this show!

Walt

what I enjoy the most about him coming is the adventures we seem to get into, him locking himself out of the rooms at Chicago a few years ago is one of the most classic Larry stories ever, beyond hysterical, totally unintentional as far as the humor, but Larry being Larry, he made it a classic.....................

Okay … THAT was not a fun moment … well now ya' it actually was.
Gee after spending all day keeping you out of trouble I head back to the room for a good sleep. You were keeping the bar in business, if I remember correctly.

Get to the room, slide the card …. nothing but that blasted RED LIGHT. Try again …. RED LIGHT; one more try … RED LIGHT …. :mad:

Go down to the 5th floor lobby and call down to the front desk. She listens to the issue, goes away for a few moments, come back and says … "ALL Set"
Back to the room, swipe the card …. RED LIGHT

REPEAT above!! :mad::mad:

Now go down to the front desk. There is George downing another brew and he looks at me with a confused look (although not unusual for Mr G.) and say to his drinking buddies …. Gee that looks like Larry.

Front desk looks up the room … "OH", she says, "You checked out of that room."

NO! Does it look like I checked out of the room? She punches a few keys and says "WELLLLLLL … maybe not. She issues me a new room card.

FINALLY … back to the room, swipe the card ….. RED LIGHT!!!!!

[INSERT many, many colorful words and expressions here.]

Back down to the lobby. George still in same spot …

I lay some words on the desk manager and he says to go back to the room and wait for the technician.
Back to the room …. wait …. wait …. wait … wait …. wait …..

Finally some guy moseys up the corridor, sees me sitting on the floor and says, "Duh .. you must be the guy who can't get into the room."

YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!

He tries swiping my card 10 times and says, "YUP, card don't work"

YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiddles around with the lock mechanism and discovers that it's broken.
Replaces the lock and …. THANK GOD!!! OPENS the door!

I get up and just about to enter and he says … "I need to see some ID that you are George Guerriero." AUGHHHHHHHH!!!

I was going to dash in and grab the desk and hold on for dear life but I remembered that George had a Business card so I pick it up and show him saying,
"Yup, that's me, George."

He says, "Thank you Mr. Guerriero, Good Night"

After about an hour and a half I hit the sheets.

Don't have a clue what time George …. crawled or rolled in?????

--- LaRRy

Okay … THAT was not a fun moment … well now ya' it actually was.
Gee after spending all day keeping you out of trouble I head back to the room for a good sleep. You were keeping the bar in business, if I remember correctly.

Get to the room, slide the card …. nothing but that blasted RED LIGHT. Try again …. RED LIGHT; one more try … RED LIGHT …. :mad:

Go down to the 5th floor lobby and call down to the front desk. She listens to the issue, goes away for a few moments, come back and says … "ALL Set"
Back to the room, swipe the card …. RED LIGHT

REPEAT above!! :mad::mad:

Now go down to the front desk. There is George downing another brew and he looks at me with a confused look (although not unusual for Mr G.) and say to his drinking buddies …. Gee that looks like Larry.

Front desk looks up the room … "OH", she says, "You checked out of that room."

NO! Does it look like I checked out of the room? She punches a few keys and says "WELLLLLLL … maybe not. She issues me a new room card.

FINALLY … back to the room, swipe the card ….. RED LIGHT!!!!!

[INSERT many, many colorful words and expressions here.]

Back down to the lobby. George still in same spot …

I lay some words on the desk manager and he says to go back to the room and wait for the technician.
Back to the room …. wait …. wait …. wait … wait …. wait …..

Finally some guy moseys up the corridor, sees me sitting on the floor and says, "Duh .. you must be the guy who can't get into the room."

YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!

He tries swiping my card 10 times and says, "YUP, card don't work"

YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiddles around with the lock mechanism and discovers that it's broken.
Replaces the lock and …. THANK GOD!!! OPENS the door!

I get up and just about to enter and he says … "I need to see some ID that you are George Guerriero." AUGHHHHHHHH!!!

I was going to dash in and grab the desk and hold on for dear life but I remembered that George had a Business card so I pick it up and show him saying,
"Yup, that's me, George."

He says, "Thank you Mr. Guerriero, Good Night"

After about an hour and a half I hit the sheets.

Don't have a clue what time George …. crawled or rolled in?????

--- LaRRy

That's a fable Aesop would be proud of.

Couple of minor post scripts;
1.) I remember sitting there talking to my friends wife at the bar and Larry goes blowing by us 100MPH and she looked
at me and says "Isn't that your helper Larry, what's he doing in the lobby?"...……...I just shook my head, did a facepalm and said "Oh, I'm sure he's up to some sort of buffoonery"...……:mad:

2.) The bar closed at midnight, I was back in the room and asleep by 12:30am, up at 4:00am, finished setting up our tables downstairs for the Sunday show, then you came meandering downstairs all torked off and told me your tale from the night before...……….:(

3.) The one question I have about all of that is; we had connecting rooms, 5338/5340, there was a door inside the rooms that was open, so if you were locked out of 5338, why didn't you just try to get in through 5340? Seems like the logical thing to do...…………………...:rolleyes2:...……….

Never a dull moment with you Larry, I will say that...…..now tell everyone your breakfast story with Eisenhower and the tape on the floor story as well...………..:wink2:

That's a fable Aesop would be proud of.

Couple of minor post scripts;
3.) The one question I have about all of that is; we had connecting rooms, 5338/5340, there was a door inside the rooms that was open, so if you were locked out of 5338, why didn't you just try to get in through 5340? Seems like the logical thing to do...…………………...:rolleyes2:...……….

Never a dull moment with you Larry, I will say that...…..now tell everyone your breakfast story with Eisenhower and the tape on the floor story as well...………..:wink2:

Each room had a unique key.
I had the key for 5338 not 5340, so it wouldn't have worked …. but I did give it a try.

<><><>

I will save those for a different thread …. "George and Larry: A Series of Unfortunate Events"

L

Each room had a unique key.
I had the key for 5338 not 5340, so it wouldn't have worked …. but I did give it a try.

<><><>

I will save those for a different thread …. "George and Larry: A Series of Unfortunate Events"

L

Unfortunate only for the other people; for us, it's countless hours of laughter provided by them free of charge...…………...totally unintentional by them, which makes it that much funnier...………..^&grin

Quick question: can I hire the two of you for dinner Friday night? I would not mind a good laugh.

Quick question: can I hire the two of you for dinner Friday night? I would not mind a good laugh.

I'm game if Larry is, we're also available for birthdays, weddings and bar mitzvahs...….:salute::

Ya' we'll check with our booking agent. We might have a Netflix special that weekend ….

Borrowing a quote from Forest Gump …. "The MFCA is like a box of chocolates … you never know what you are going to get into! {sm3}
The Infamous DUCK TAPE incident is the best, but not by much …. :confused:

Back on track …. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the booth, in the halls and/or at the lounge at this years MFCA.
Come and HAVE FUN!!!!!!

--- LaRRy

Ya' we'll check with our booking agent. We might have a Netflix special that weekend ….

Borrowing a quote from Forest Gump …. "The MFCA is like a box of chocolates … you never know what you are going to get into! {sm3}
The Infamous DUCK TAPE incident is the best, but not by much …. :confused:

Back on track …. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the booth, in the halls and/or at the lounge at this years MFCA.
Come and HAVE FUN!!!!!!

--- LaRRy

Man are the 4 of us (Zach) going to have a blast, see you in 2 days Larry!
Tom

It’ll be amusing, if nothing else!!!

I am already salty as I just spent 2 days in High Point, NC buying furniture at the market with my father in law for his business! Good Lord, you talk about wheeling and dealing!

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back