79th Annual MFCA Show & Mart-April 17-18, 2020 (1 Viewer)

theBaron

Major
Hi, all!

Just getting the word out early, since we have the date-we will hold our 79th Annual MFCA Show & Mart on Friday and Saturday, April 17 and 18, 2020, at the Radisson Hotel-Philadelphia Northeast, in Trevose PA. We look forward to seeing all our old friends and making new ones-see you at the show!

Prost!
Brad

Vendor invitation emails went out last night. Snail mail will take a little longer.

Prost!
Brad

Yup - attendee, vendee, spendee, fool aroundee

No vendor for me

With the Coronavirus a reality, what’s the position on MFCA on holding the Show and secondly, if the Show is held, will the overseas exhibitors be allowed to attend. If the Show is to be held as scheduled but the overseas exhibitors are allowed to attend, sadly I will have to skip the Show.

I plan on attending if its held. I travel a lot for work, only domestically, I am going to continue as business as usual until there is a reason not to (National Quarantine). That is my take on it, but everyone has to make that decision for themselves. One note - the CDC as a resource, shows a heckuva a lot of "regular" flu infection in a given year (higher than Corona), can you imagine if the press covered that? I am in no way minimizing the threat of Corona, I am just not sure how much is true and how much is hysteria? Additionally, I am still relatively young with a strong immunity system.

TD

With the Coronavirus a reality, what’s the position on MFCA on holding the Show and secondly, if the Show is held, will the overseas exhibitors be allowed to attend. If the Show is to be held as scheduled but the overseas exhibitors are allowed to attend, sadly I will have to skip the Show.

Brad,
I would not be surprised if there are a number of countries where the citizens will not be in attendance due to travel bans - Italy comes to mind. SO, long story short, if there are large infected areas, I don't believe they will be in attendance.

Tom

Brad,
I would not be surprised if there are a number of countries where the citizens will not be in attendance due to travel bans - Italy comes to mind. SO, long story short, if there are large infected areas, I don't believe they will be in attendance.

Tom

Tom, that may be true but it will be up to each person to determine whether they wish to attend. I see meetings and concerts are being cancelled or postponed left and right. We will just have to see what develops.

Tom, that may be true but it will be up to each person to determine whether they wish to attend. I see meetings and concerts are being cancelled or postponed left and right. We will just have to see what develops.

True, and I would like to hear from MFCA on the subject. The lack of response is somewhat irritating, I would think they would want to get out in front of this one as there is bound to be questions with it being an international show.

Tom

True, and I would like to hear from MFCA on the subject. The lack of response is somewhat irritating, I would think they would want to get out in front of this one as there is bound to be questions with it being an international show.

Tom

They could be in a quandary. I wouldn’t want to be in their position right now.

We are talking a few hundred people in attendance. This is like the contents of one airplane. Or a restaurant over a weekend.

It is a pretty educated group as far as I can tell.

Look at toy soldiers with the possible intention to buy. Don't shake hands, use hand sanitizer and Lysol your hotel.

If you are 70 or 80 question it. If you have a fever or are an idiot stay home.

I am going on with my April 5th show. I have paid for the hotel, sent out postcards, etc.

The size of the crowd doesn’t matter; you get it from one person. In case you haven’t noticed the airlines are taking a bath and restaurants are having a hard time. I’m not sure what education has to do with it; the virus doesn’t discriminate based on level of education.

Ultimately, if the show goes on, everybody has to make their decision as to whether they wish to attend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back