A Chota Sahib figure simple repaint (1 Viewer)

blaster

Captain
Hi All,

I had painted this figure over 20 years ago. I found it in a dilapidated state and have just rebased it simply and glued on the right arm with rifle. The trews look decent and I am repainting the face and other areas only.

Rgds Victor

P1110411.JPGP1110428.JPG

I changed my mind about the trews and decided to repaint them as well.

P1110494.JPG

As I was doing a production lot of staining and varnishing bases, and then adding groundwork, I included this piece as well. Will hopefully finish painting it soon.

P1120726.JPG

Painted the face on this piece. Just starting on the trews. I had been misled by an old Cassin-Scott painting that showed the trews to have broad light green bands. Anyway, the trews needed repainting and I am adding another layer of banding to the trousers, hopefully will be shown in the next pics.

P1120745.JPGP1120750.JPG

Hi Blaster,
Spotted your thread the repaint of The Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) figure.
I wore the uniform of The Cameronians for a good number of years, and have noted that some modellers and painters, often insert an extra white line on the fly line of the trews, but that is an error , none existed, see the following link for a clear shot of the front of the trews, - https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/...0041/lot-2ab1d4ac-38be-4a93-909d-a59900fbd43d

Sorry not skilled enough with the technology, to show image.

As can also be seen there is a lot of blue I the trews.

Good Luck with the repaint.
Yours,
Blackbob

Hello Blackbob,

Thanks for looking and commenting.

When I decided to redo the trews which was done many years ago, I had only known about missing an extra band on the lower edge of the trews.

Many illustrations show the sett as black bands and lines on a green background. However, thanks for your link which I have added here as a pic. This shows the black bands as largely a blue hue. Where they intersect, there is a darker blue square. I have also added a typical illustration of the Cameronians. The real thing is always not as glamorous as the illustrations, same as with Napoleonic uniforms :).

I will tint my black with blue.

Rgds
Victor
cam.jpgsimkin5_900.jpg

Here are the final pics to this piece. Thanks for looking. It's always satisfying to rescue a figure from obscurity and bring it back to the display section.

Rgds Victor

cam.jpgcam2.jpgcam3.jpgcam4.jpg

Did a lot of ptg over the weekend. I also straightened the white line on the back of the trews for this piece.

EA0FF543-178D-41B0-BBAB-FB27400DF619.jpeg203E9B87-7557-4EC8-BC4C-881F9F6CB7B5.jpeg

Nice brushwork Victor on this figure. An interesting topic to cover.

Cheers,
Grey

What a terrific piece of work. I did a figure of a Cameronian officer a while ago (could desperately use a repaint) and this is the guide I used for the plaid. Almost no matter what I did, the blue lines jumped out too much. I like the way you handled it.
IMG_3173.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back