A Closer Look At The Catapult Set. (1 Viewer)

sterjunkie

The Set consists of a good looking medieval Catapult (MK 25) and 3 crusader crewmen. Lets meet them.

Guy #1 is a footman lifting a rock. "It is My sworn duty to batter down these Saracen walls. These rocks sure are heavy."
Guy #2 is a footman with a shield. He's resting on his spear, chin raised, gazing off into the far distance.
(Rockguy)"Hey buddy, ya wanna put down the spear and shield and give me a hand? start by cranking back that lever so we can fire this thing. My backs killing me"
(spearguy) "Boy, those yonder walls sure are high, No sorry, I can't help ya. I can only stand here and lean on my spear."
Guy #3 is a footknight officer with a shield. He is pointing into the distance with his mace. One foot is perched elegantly upon a small pile of rocks.
(Rockguy) "Sir, begging yer pardon, The aim is off just a little, Can ya grab a crowbar and push the front a tad to the left?"
(Officer) "Those have gotta be the whitest walls I've ever seen. NO Maggot!! I'm not helping you. Can't you see I'm busy maintaining this hero pose?"
(Rockguy) "Are you guys sure yer in the right place? This is supposed to be the Catapult Set."
(Being an officer and knowing more than the spearguy) the officer replys, "King&Country doesn't make a catapult crew, It's just you lifting rocks."

While both of these nonworking fiures are nice. I especially like the Spearguy. But, as rockguy says, they are both in the wrong place.
If i wanted a guy to guard the catapult I've got plenty of options to chose from K&C's existing figures. Likewise if I need a guy to look like he's in charge.

What I don't have is a guy pushing as hard as he can, a guy pulling for all he's worth. Someone with a prybar adjusting something, or maybe a figure guiding the catapult arm back. What I don't have is a catapult crew.

The men from the ladder set (MK26) can be modified to look like their pushing by removing their shields and cutting off the weapons. It's also been suggested that (MK 47) Man at arm with dagger can be modified in much the same way. (MK 20) Man at Arms attacking with axe looks like a possibility for modification to a guy pulling, or perhaps, turning a crank.

In all the above cases i'm not real comfortable modifying my figures. It may end up more like vandalizing my figures.

Do any other manufacturers make figures that can stand in for my absent catapult crew? If not, Rockguy is in for a long day!

Siege equipment should be released, but for the moment I think KC is releasing figurines from another battle...

JP
What battle is that; I thought they are servicing all their existing lines at various intervals?

What battle is that; I thought they are servicing all their existing lines at various intervals?

Oops... what I mean is that the first crusader releases are for creating a siege/city attack. The latest crusader releases are for a desert battle.

So we have to wait for new siege equipement until all the releases of this desert battle are presented to us over time.

At least this is what I think. Hope it isn't so, because I also would like to see new siege releases

happy collecting

JP

Oops... what I mean is that the first crusader releases are for creating a siege/city attack. The latest crusader releases are for a desert battle.

So we have to wait for new siege equipement until all the releases of this desert battle are presented to us over time.

At least this is what I think. Hope it isn't so, because I also would like to see new siege releases
Thanks JP, I didn't realize that was the case but it makes sense.

The Set consists of a good looking medieval Catapult (MK 25) and 3 crusader crewmen. Lets meet them . . . .

I enjoyed the conversation between "guys 1 thru 3" that you created. Got a chuckle from me. Totally agree on all your points. I too would also like to see more action poses for all three of the currently available seige machines.

Mike

i agree also. i was kind of disappointed with the newest series. lets have more knights charging or leaning down as they ride to make an attack. i'm sick of horsemen just siting on there horse holding a spear or a banner. plus the newest series does not include any men at arms. they made up the bulk of the armies during that time. i have every crusader piece that k&c makes plus more. but, it looks strange that my knights out number my men at arms. plus when they are suppose to be making a attack, my horsemen look to be marching in a parade or just watching the battle. never the less i will keep collecting the crusader pieces. sorry everyone i just want to create really big and realistic battle scene. i do love my crusaders!!!

i agree also. i was kind of disappointed with the newest series. lets have more knights charging or leaning down as they ride to make an attack. i'm sick of horsemen just siting on there horse holding a spear or a banner. plus the newest series does not include any men at arms. they made up the bulk of the armies during that time. i have every crusader piece that k&c makes plus more. but, it looks strange that my knights out number my men at arms. plus when they are suppose to be making a attack, my horsemen look to be marching in a parade or just watching the battle. never the less i will keep collecting the crusader pieces. sorry everyone i just want to create really big and realistic battle scene. i do love my crusaders!!!

i agree with this post.

and where's the templars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back