A good time to buy from the UK (1 Viewer)

The TS thing doesn't affect me at all as like you i only collect one conflict but it seems the manufacturers have given up making any new worthwhile figures for it ( despite words to the contrary ) so the Alamo collection has reached its natural end .

Good to hear you are doing well so far, though what I took from the article was that it's not what export sales you are doing now so much as to what's happening past the immediate future when new stock arrives at higher prices that will halt most export trade and which will make collecting more expensive for UK collectors to buy, further pushing down sales.
For myself as I mostly collect Naps, where more than one of each figure is needed, such as when trying to assemble a diorama featuring a British Square, then I certainly will be having second thoughts.
I think perhaps some dealers / manufacturers must of already felt this with previous price rises putting off many collectors, as an example, fewer TS dealers in the UK now stocking First Legion figures.

Steve

Going by the recent fall in value of the Pound, I'd like to see the manufacturers prices remaining stable.
But I suppose that is going to be a forlorn hope as they have their pressures too.
I think for us in the UK we are likely see prices rising steeply so that sales for all manufacturers could well be falling off in the UK for a while.

Steve

Once existing stock is sold off. Then maybe become more difficult to obtains items. As one can envisage dealers holding lower stock quantities and ordering in many pieces only as customers purchase them. Far too much to stock it all. The K&C auction was an indicator of pieces left on the shelf so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back