Abyssinian Expedition 1868 (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
Abyssinian Expedition 1868

"A Victorian campaign in Africa that reveals the organizational skill of British commanders in hostile and unknown terrain. Emperor Theodore of Abyssinia, piqued by British disinterest in his remote empire, imprisons a British Envoy and other Europeans. In 1868 a column under Robert Napier, extensively outfitted, superbly organized, marches to Theodore's capital at Magdala. Defeated in his initial attack on the British, Theodore releases the hostages, but unappeased, the British storm and destroy the citadel, leaving Theodore dead before returning home."

Royal Naval Brigade Rocket Battery
Wm. Hocker Set 74 (showing 7 of the 10 pieces)

Attachments

• RNBRocketBatteryMatSm.jpg
    RNBRocketBatteryMatSm.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 474
Inspired by the 19th C graphic from the Illustrated London News

Attachments

• NavalBdgeRockets.jpg
    NavalBdgeRockets.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 752
Very nice Randy, I was wondering what W Hocker sets we would see this month after you mentioned them on Mikes post. I hope that we see a similar offering in the future from Britains.

Very nice Randy, I was wondering what W Hocker sets we would see this month after you mentioned them on Mikes post. I hope that we see a similar offering in the future from Britains.

Stay tuned for a second new Hocker set sometime next week. A contemporary but very different subject:)

I do like Naval Brigade sets Randy, thank you for posting this one

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back