ACW - The Chosen Ground Revisited (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
I should be getting the next WB installment to The Chosen Ground series this week. Its #31073 Command Set #2. I thought I would get some of my Iron Brigade collection out and revisit my diorma depicting Keith Rocco's painting of the 2nd Wisconsin advancing up McPhearsons Ridge led by Maj Gen John Reynolds on July 1, 1863 at Gettysburg.

Here is a stock photo of #31073 which I am expecting

31073LR.jpg

Here is a print of Keith Rocco's painting - notice the figure of #31073 on the left/background

krtcg-l.jpg

Here are two photos I took this morning of my Chosen Ground diorama

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

Mike: Outstanding composition. Your WB layouts are hitting on all cylinders. It always helps to have a steady stream of relevent and timely products to juxtapose into your historically accurate highly plausible stagings. Great presentation once again.

Britains does some real nice vignettes/dioramas.
Mark

Excellent display! The background is even spot on with the painting. Well done.

I received the 1st Corps flagbearer a few days ago. It really adds to my layout and will look especially good when the other two horsemen are added.

Very nice Michael and looking forward to seeing the new pics when reinforcements arrive.

Thanks gentlemen; Jefman, Mark, Michael, Joe (Sahara), 6th WI, Joe (The Lt), and Scott.

Excellent display! The background is even spot on with the painting. Well done.

Joe, the diorama base and background is W. Britian #DISP10 "Chosen Ground w/Painted Backdrop" made specifically for the Chosen Ground series . . . made by Ken & Ericka Osen (Hudson & Allen) for W. Britian . . . That's why it looks "spot on" with the original Rocco painting, it was meant to . . .
:smile2: Mike

Nice Mike, couldn't wait to get out of the hospital for the second time to see what is new here.......thanks for sharing......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back