Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

The current situation in that country is still ongoing and 'fluid' shall we say so, no need for my paltry 2 cents...

However, it did remind me of K&C's small entry into that unfortunate country back in 2003.

We only produced a limited number of figures and sets but our 'proud boast' then was that K&C was the only people who caught Bin Laden alive!

Here's a timely reminder...
And a prayer for the safety and well being of those thousands of Afghans desperately trying to get out and all the American, British and other forces trying to protect and help them.

All the best,
Andy

AF.jpg

Hi Guys,

The current situation in that country is still ongoing and 'fluid' shall we say so, no need for my paltry 2 cents...

However, it did remind me of K&C's small entry into that unfortunate country back in 2003.

We only produced a limited number of figures and sets but our 'proud boast' then was that K&C was the only people who caught Bin Laden alive!

And a prayer for the safety and well being of those thousands of Afghans desperately trying to get out and all the American, British and other forces trying to protect and help them.

All the best,
Andy

View attachment 279115

Great sets!

A revisit to a modern range would be good which could cover:

Iraq
Afghanistan
Somalia

The range could just be called 'Modern Forces' but the sets could Cover all these battles etc.

I would love to see black hawk down (Mogadishu) themed sets!

Scott

Great sets!

A revisit to a modern range would be good which could cover:

Iraq
Afghanistan
Somalia

The range could just be called 'Modern Forces' but the sets could Cover all these battles etc.

I would love to see black hawk down (Mogadishu) themed sets!

Scott

Uh oh, had to happen. Totally agree:salute::

Yes an interesting series for sure. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN2155.jpg
    DSCN2155.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 455
  • DSCN2157.jpg
    DSCN2157.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 443
My tour of Afghanistan .... in Herat, March 1976

herat76.jpg

I'm the one in the middle :) !!!!

John

The Iraq/Afghanistan line was one of my all-time favorite K&C lines.

As I have mentioned many times before, the poses, detail and weapons were all incredible.

An 1842 Retreat to Kabul or 1880 Battle of Maiwand series may have merit. Two entirely unexplored famous engagement.

I would like KC to revisit Afghanistan. The SAS soldier pointing the pistol is an excellent sculpt. So much so, I was thinking of getting a duplicate.

Those were very cool, but unfortunately you would have to reverse the poses of combatants if you updated this line.

I remember when that sety came out i had bin laden getting captured setup in my office. The customers loved it. My gm hated it and made me take it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

All the best,
Andy

View attachment 279115
Andy,

One of my favorite K&C items in my collection is the custom diorama you made for a Toy Show in Nuremburg, Germany, which you sold to me with a custom made SAS Land Rover:

attachment.php

The exquisitely detailed small arms are reason enough to love this series, let alone the poses, sculpting and underlying history!

I would definitely be a buyer of this line if it was continued.

I’m sorry I never bought some, but that’s life. I wonder how well a series like that would do well today. Figarti had a rather nice series too. Halcyon days!

I was lucky enough to get all the figures except for the humvee unfortunately. I think they're some of the best figures K&C has ever made. I can only imagine what K&C could do with the Afghanistan line now.... I would jump at any new additions to this series!

I was lucky enough to get all the figures except for the humvee unfortunately. I think they're some of the best figures K&C has ever made. I can only imagine what K&C could do with the Afghanistan line now.... I would jump at any new additions to this series!

I hope it comes back to life, clearly collectors want to see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back