AG016-AG023 Alexander the Great and Macedonian Companion Cavalry (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
First Legion is very pleased to announce the release of Alexander and Macedonian Companion cavalry as an addition to our World of the Greeks figure range. These 8 stunning figures set the stage for the heroic charge on Darius' center at the Battle of Gaugamela. The Companion Cavalry were the world's first heavy cavalry initially formed by King Philip II and made famous by Alexander the Great. The unit was made up of chosen Companions and Hetaroi and acted as Alexander's personal bodyguard. We sincerely hope you enjoy them!

companion.jpg

AG016 Alexander the Great - $174.95
AG017 Hephaestion - $164.95
AG018 Cleitus the Black - $174.95
AG019 Macedonian Hetairoi with Spear #1 - $164.95
AG020 Macedonian Hetairoi with Spear #2 - $164.95
AG021 Macedonian Hetairoi with Spear #3 - $164.95
AG022 Macedonian Hetairoi with Sword #4 - $164.95
AG023 Macedonian Hetairoi with Sword #5 - $164.95
Shipping Late January 2014

AG016_1.jpg

AG016

AG016_2.jpg

AG016

AG017_1.jpg

AG017

AG018_1.jpg

AG018

AG019_1.jpg

AG019

AG020_1.jpg

AG020

AG021_1.jpg

AG021

AG022_2.jpg

AG022

AG023_2.jpg

AG023

Best,

Matt
First Legion

Fantastic looking figures, can't wait to see these charging a mass of Persian infantry. Well done First Legion!
Josh

Should be a great series with the Macedonian phalanx and Persians to come later this year.

The cavalry figures look good but my only "concern" is for the horses with one leg secured to the base.
I have had issues with mounted figures bending or leaning over time. This includes Aeroart, Little Legion,
Frontline and others. Horses with one leg or the back two legs secured to the base have been most prone
to this issue. I have not had any problems with FL cavalry up to this time but hope that this will not
be a longer term issue.
Any comments or assurances would be aprreciated.

...The cavalry figures look good but my only "concern" is for the horses with one leg
secured to the base. I have had issues with mounted figures bending or leaning over time. [snip] Horses with one
leg or the back two legs secured to the base have been most prone to this issue.

I have not had any issues what-so-ever,and most of mine have a one or two leg stance. I like an
illusion of movement. As a matter of taste I do not even consider figures that have fake globs of grass
for support. Or horses legs that look like they belong on a hippo.

As owners of hundreds of weighty cavalry figures that have been displayed for an average of a decade (some much longer), Dad & I have noticed that: a) it depends on the way the weight is distributed & how top-heavy or tilted the figure may be. For example, a small percentage of our older beloved Trophy charging, dashing cavalry who have too few hooves on the ground are slowly succumbing to gravity for these reasons. We prop them up with cork, etc. when they are in their curios & risk letting them stand alone when we bring them out for a diorama. They are still beautiful & can stand, but it is a detraction for perfectionists. b) some manufacturers, like Aeroart, often use a steel pole to keep a mounted figure with only one foot on the ground safer or else they make sure the supporting leg is stable, as it would seem that FL does from experience with their mounted Crusaders.
We love this release. We would like to buy them all but we already have Russian-made versions of Alexander & a figure who resembles Cleitus, and space & budget are always issues, so we will get most of the others. They seem accurate & the action-packed poses are a plus & worth a risk that we think is small.
So I would go ahead & get the guys you want!
Also-they do need Persians to charge. We would love a Persian chariot some day. Anyone else?
Happy collecting:smile2:

Likely due to budget constraints, i will only be getting Alexander the great, Hephastian and cleitus.

As owners of hundreds of weighty cavalry figures that have been displayed for an average of a decade (some much longer), Dad & I have noticed that: a) it depends on the way the weight is distributed & how top-heavy or tilted the figure may be. For example, a small percentage of our older beloved Trophy charging, dashing cavalry who have too few hooves on the ground are slowly succumbing to gravity for these reasons. We prop them up with cork, etc. when they are in their curios & risk letting them stand alone when we bring them out for a diorama. They are still beautiful & can stand, but it is a detraction for perfectionists. b) some manufacturers, like Aeroart, often use a steel pole to keep a mounted figure with only one foot on the ground safer or else they make sure the supporting leg is stable, as it would seem that FL does from experience with their mounted Crusaders.
We love this release. We would like to buy them all but we already have Russian-made versions of Alexander & a figure who resembles Cleitus, and space & budget are always issues, so we will get most of the others. They seem accurate & the action-packed poses are a plus & worth a risk that we think is small.
So I would go ahead & get the guys you want!
Also-they do need Persians to charge. We would love a Persian chariot some day. Anyone else?
Happy collecting:smile2:

Yes, I had the same issues with some of my Trophy cavalry.....
Thanks for the comments and I still intend to purchase this FL series. A persian chariot would be great.
Hopefully the Macedonian Phalanx figures can be reasonably priced so a larger grouping can be put together.
I have about 60 of the East Of India Greek Phalanx figures and they look very impressive in mass.

Hi.
I would love a Trojan Horse or perhaps the Theban Sacred Band.
MikeNick

Didn't the cooperation between Aeroart and Figarti result in. An impressive model of a Trojan Horse? Was this ever made?

I would like to know what happened to the Marco Polo collection & their plans for a Trojan Horse etc. You would have to ask Thor Johnson

I would like to know what happened to the Marco Polo collection & their plans for a Trojan Horse etc. You would have to ask Thor Johnson

That was one of the Great disappointments for me in 2013 {sm2}, I really had high hopes for this union and was looking forward to displaying their products in my collection. regards Gebhard

That Trojan Horse that was shown was cool.Disappointed that it wasn't released.
Mark

The Persians that are in the new Toy Soldier and model fig. Magazine will complement this range nicely.

Are the FL Greeks smaller in size than K&C Greeks? I am wondering if I could fill out the East of India Greeks and Persians I have with a few FL offerings.

Gary

Here are a couple of pics of the K&C and FL Greeks.K&C on left,FL on right.The K&C seems a tad bigger.They are both in some what the same stance.Both are Great looking Figures.Compared to East of India,what I am told,they are both that is K&C and FL Greeks are bigger than the East of India figures.Sorry don't have any EOI to compare to.Hope this helps.117.JPG 119.JPG 120.JPG 121.JPG

The East of India Greeks and Persians are substantially smaller scale compared with both K&C and FL.
Perhaps they can be used in the background of a diorama. I was very disappointed when EOI stopped production,
their Persians and Samurai were very well done at reasonable prices.

Looking forward to FL's release of the Macedonian phalanx and Persians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back