Four Star General
Purchased last Saturday at the London Show

JGTENT_zps11133666.jpg

Now displayed with my Sudan Aid Station diorama

aidstation_zpsd727bfc2.jpg

All figures - Little Legion

Cheers

Martyn:)

I can remember very often having my dinner ( we didn't do "Lunch") in one of those Martyn - minus the Red Crosses, of course!

I remember one dreadful rainy day in Germany in the sixties - inside a tent just like that - when the sky was so dark at noon - we had the lights on inside. The rain was drumming on the roof - making conversation all but impossible. Suddenly, the petrol generator supplying the lighting died ( run out of petrol - 'cos the geezer was scoffing his dinner - see!). The light died altogether and we were sitting in the pitch black gloom! Spirits already low, sank further - until.............

A cockney voice at the rear of the tent spouted up with......................."Good 'ere.....Innit?"

Couldn't help larfin'. Became a catch-phrase................ Squaddies humour........can't beat it. jb

I can remember very often having my dinner ( we didn't do "Lunch") in one of those Martyn - minus the Red Crosses, of course!

I remember one dreadful rainy day in Germany in the sixties - inside a tent just like that - when the sky was so dark at noon - we had the lights on inside. The rain was drumming on the roof - making conversation all but impossible. Suddenly, the petrol generator supplying the lighting died ( run out of petrol - 'cos the geezer was scoffing his dinner - see!). The light died altogether and we were sitting in the pitch black gloom! Spirits already low, sank further - until.............

A cockney voice at the rear of the tent spouted up with......................."Good 'ere.....Innit?"

Couldn't help larfin'. Became a catch-phrase................ Squaddies humour........can't beat it. jb

Happy days jb, some people never know how lucky they are nowadays with all the Mod Cons ^&grin :salute::

Cheers

Great product from JG Miniatures! I've got one of his Bell Tents for my Sudan display, can't beat them for the price. {sm3}

Jeff

Great product from JG Miniatures! I've got one of his Bell Tents for my Sudan display, can't beat them for the price. {sm3}

Jeff

I agree Jeff, JG make some great diorama pieces. I picked up :wink2: a 22" x 44" green grass and sand mat as well ^&grin

Cheers

Another fine purchase Martyn, terrific looking tent. JG really make some wonderful releases don't they.^&cool

Rob

Another fine purchase Martyn, terrific looking tent. JG really make some wonderful releases don't they.^&cool

Rob

They sure do Rob, and John is a very friendly guy to deal with {bravo}}

Cheers

Great tent Martyn, that's one busy Aid Station. I see you have a couple of pipers there to cheer the lads up and help them forget their pain ..... or maybe make it worse! :rolleyes2::tongue::wink2:

B.

Purchased last Saturday at the London Show

JGTENT_zps11133666.jpg

Now displayed with my Sudan Aid Station diorama

aidstation_zpsd727bfc2.jpg

All figures - Little Legion

Cheers

Great tent Martyn, that's one busy Aid Station. I see you have a couple of pipers there to cheer the lads up and help them forget their pain ..... or maybe make it worse! :rolleyes2::tongue::wink2:

B.

^&grin Many thanks Buster :salute::

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back