Airfix Japanese ....best figures they made? (2 Viewers)

Sandhurst39

Private 1st Class
Hi thought I'd share some pics of my Japanese . Some of the best figures Airfix made I think. Shame they didn't do a few more poses. I slightly modified these adding neck cloths and adding some helmets to them . The new issue figures are so good to work with in the harder plastic.
Clearing out a number of figures from my collection over the coming months, to make way for new projects.

Hope you like the pictures

IMG_20150722_075935.jpg

IMG_20150722_075905.jpg

IMG_20150722_080914.jpg

Very nice conversions and painting.

The Airfix Japanese are some of my favorites. I used them back in the early 1970's, along with Rose Miniature metal heads, to make British troops in the Sudan. I got the idea from the Roy Dilley book. The crouching knee mortar figure was easy to modify for a screw-gun crewman. I even used the upper part of the Japanese and attached them to the lower part of Airfix British 8th Army and made kilts of masking tape! Boy I wish the AIP figures were available back then!

Very nice conversions and painting.

The Airfix Japanese are some of my favorites. I used them back in the early 1970's, along with Rose Miniature metal heads, to make British troops in the Sudan. I got the idea from the Roy Dilley book. The crouching knee mortar figure was easy to modify for a screw-gun crewman. I even used the upper part of the Japanese and attached them to the lower part of Airfix British 8th Army and made kilts of masking tape! Boy I wish the AIP figures were available back then!

Hi - yes they are good figures to convert - I have converted them into German Colonial troops WW1 with tarboosh style head-dress made from modelling clay. Also ok for converting to British Infantry in Tropical areas with wearing the puttees.
Thanks
Dave

Hi thought I'd share some pics of my Japanese . Some of the best figures Airfix made I think. Shame they didn't do a few more poses. I slightly modified these adding neck cloths and adding some helmets to them . The new issue figures are so good to work with in the harder plastic.
Clearing out a number of figures from my collection over the coming months, to make way for new projects.

Hope you like the pictures

View attachment 176134

View attachment 176135

View attachment 176141

These are superb conversions and paint job

Hi Sandhurst - what colour do you use for the uniform - I always see different references for Japanese blanco - I know that the sun faded cloth and the steaming jungle heat rotted some garments.

Regards
Dave

Hello Sandhurst,

Are you painting with washes or dry brushing? You paint jobs are very smooth and photograph well up close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back