Alan Caton aka Trooper (2 Viewers)

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his family. He was of much help within the community on a whole host of subjects and will be missed.

What a shock! I can't believe this very sad news. I was looking forward to seeing Alan again at the London show in less than two weeks time. What a loss to the hobby, but most of all over the years we had become friends and Alan will be missed.

We will raise a glass to his memory at our traditional lunch time gathering of the Treefrog members during the London show on the 5th December.

My condolences to his family.

Jeff

He was a very helpful gent. Sent me a hard to find BMSS figure. Just asked for the postage. A loss to the community, and an inspiration.
thoughts go out to friends and family
G

The Internet, for me, is just about the greatest invention - ever. Through it, I was first able to join this forum - and secondly - meet up - in a virtual way - with people like Trooper. I was very quickly into asking questions - and one of the first people to answer me, was Trooper. I knew him as that - Trooper - and only later on did I come to realise that he was Alan Caton. However, to me he was always - and will remain, fondly in my memory, as Trooper.

If ever a name was more appropriate for a man. What a Trooper he was. We frequently exchanged ideas in these pages - and he was a Gold Mine of information and advice. I asked so many questions - he re-named me his little Welsh ferret - and I loved him all the more for that.

I have made many friends on this forum - but for me - he was just the best. His humour always shone through in his conversations with me ( yes, that's what it felt like - a conversation with a friend that I seemed to have known all of my life). We were on that same wavelength.

And now he's gone.

He was simply my friend - and I will miss him greatly. My greatest commiserations to Alan's family. johnnybach.

Very sad news indeed. I was a big fan of his work from the 1970s. A giant of the miniature hobby.
RIP Tropper...

A poignant reminder of Alan at the weekend when I picked up the first two volumes of Eltings's Napoleonic Uniform books from a bookseller at the Warfare wargames show.

Inside each on is a little gold label with "A S Caton" on it...

A poignant reminder of Alan at the weekend when I picked up the first two volumes of Eltings's Napoleonic Uniform books from a bookseller at the Warfare wargames show.

Inside each on is a little gold label with "A S Caton" on it...

Treasure them. jb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back