An Early Christmas Present from K&C (1 Viewer)

Praetorian

Hi Guys,

I thought you might like a sneak preview of our newest K&C Warbird, the B-25B Doolittle Raider.

King & Country’s hand-carved, hand-painted 1:32 scale model is an accurate and realistic representation of ‘Ruptured Duck’ flown by Lt. Ted W. Lawson. After the Doolittle Raid, Lt. Lawson co-authored a book about his experience entitled Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo which in 1944 MGM made into an epic movie of the same name. The film starred Spencer Tracy, Robert Mitchum, and Van Johnson (as Lawson) and has since become a classic ‘War Movie’ from that era.

Each of our aircraft is hand carved out of kiln-dried, recycled Philippine mahogany and skillfully hand-painted by our small team of workshop artists. These B-25 aircraft come with landing gear down and a sturdy black display stand and packed in their own individual boxes. Just 20 of these superb models have been made and each comes with its own certificate of authenticity. These aircraft will be available for purchase at www.kingandcountry.com beginning on December 18th (figure is not included).

Happy Collecting, Happy Holidays & a very Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• AIR021 (B25).jpg
    AIR021 (B25).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 570
  • B25_Front.jpg
    B25_Front.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 572
  • B25_Nose.jpg
    B25_Nose.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 567
  • B25_Mid_Gun.jpg
    B25_Mid_Gun.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 563
  • B_25(Rear).jpg
    B_25(Rear).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 558
Hi Praetorian-

Thanks for posting the photos of that incredible model.

Happy Holidays to you.

Pierre.

Pretty cool for one of those "wingy things". I like your choice of subject and artwork.

I have often enjoyed "30 Seconds Over Tokyo". It's kind of funny that the launching of the bombers from the USS Hornet was done so accurately in the 1943 movie and so poorly in the recent movie "Peral Harbor" (which had a larger budget than the actual Dootlittle raid - including 16 B25s at 1942 prices).

I can't afford one, but she sure is pretty to look at! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Gary

Well, I thought the Swordfish was I'd ever seen but this just took the Warbirds one notch higher. Wish I could afford one.

Well, I thought the Swordfish was I'd ever seen but this just took the Warbirds one notch higher. Wish I could afford one.

While I like the photo of the Mitchell, if I'm ever in a financial position to get a Swordfish - then I'll be joining you Warbird guys.
Cheers
H

You saved enough to buy four HB Tigers by passing on this. :p

You saved enough to buy four HB Tigers by passing on this. :p

Doug,

It depends on your perspective (collecting interest) but I'd rather have this than a HB Tiger. I have several Tigers but not a B 24. Different strokes...

P.S. Neither is possible unfortunately.

You are looking at my 40th Birthday present (my wife said I could have whatever I wanted, and this is it).

Unless this is 1600 i dont think it=4 HB Tigers, but it does equal 2 HB Tigers or 4 K&C SL Tigers.

My mistake at $1200 that equals 3.4285 HB Tigers. Just a little joke since a few posters were complaining about the cost.

While I like the photo of the Mitchell, if I'm ever in a financial position to get a Swordfish - then I'll be joining you Warbird guys.
Cheers
H

Harry,

Having just received one of the Swordfish as a totally unexpected and overly generous Christmas present from my good friend Hans, I can tell you that you are right, it is spectacular! I stink with photography, but maybe we can get Brad to shoot some shots of his, particularly the interior cockpit details, which are insane! The gages, seatbelts, pedals and other controls are not just painted on, they are carved, with raised surfaces, etc. And its huge! Much larger than the original K&C wood version from 1994, and of course, dramatically more detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back