An Early Christmas Present from K&C (1 Viewer)

Excellent work and a great presentation in regards to stand and decaling. I just wish I could afford one, guess I'll stick to metal figures for now, alas life is so tough!:)

Harry,

Having just received one of the Swordfish as a totally unexpected and overly generous Christmas present from my good friend Hans, I can tell you that you are right, it is spectacular! I stink with photography, but maybe we can get Brad to shoot some shots of his, particularly the interior cockpit details, which are insane! The gages, seatbelts, pedals and other controls are not just painted on, they are carved, with raised surfaces, etc. And its huge! Much larger than the original K&C wood version from 1994, and of course, dramatically more detailed.

Stop it, stop it. After my next visit to Hong Kong I'll have almost all of the smaller stuff I want for the time being - apart from some Saracen figures, but they are earmarked for later in 2008.
This means I'll be looking to obtain some of the new HB AFV's especially if they diversify a bit from the standard Tigers, Panthers, et al. But until this happens, a Swordfish looks like a highly likely acquisition. I'm still Humming & Haying about it, but can feel myself being sucked in. If I do finally succumb and get one, then that's a receipt that'll never see the light of day in China cos Missus Heid'll brain me for spending so much on the hobby.....:(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes: Mind you, I'll be putting up with DAYS of nagging anyway when she sees the purchases I'm intending coming home with at the end of January.
PS. I've dropped the idea of a DSLR Camera. I checked the cost of lenses and had to have a liberal dose of smelling salts administered. I've decided to settle on a Canon Powershot G9 instead. Think it'll make a fine replacement for the camera I sold to my boss.
Cheers
H

Stop it, stop it. . . . a Swordfish looks like a highly likely acquisition. I'm still Humming & Haying about it, but can feel myself being sucked in. If I do finally succumb and get one, then that's a receipt that'll never see the light of day in China cos Missus Heid'll brain me for spending so much on the hobby.....:(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Cheers
H

Resistance is futile . . . just look at me. For the first six years I collected K&c, I kept saying, "no I won't collect the warbirds, I don't have the room." Now I have more than sixty (60)!:eek::D

Resistance is futile . . . just look at me. For the first six years I collected K&c, I kept saying, "no I won't collect the warbirds, I don't have the room." Now I have more than sixty (60)!:eek::D

I don't have room either. But come to think of it, I've an entire ceiling going to waste. Aaaaaaiiiiieeeee......gonna get a Swordfish........resist Heid, resist.....gonna get a Swordfish.....its beautiful....resist Heid, resist.....think of the HB Tiger......gonna get a Swordfish......

I don't have room either. But come to think of it, I've an entire ceiling going to waste. Aaaaaaiiiiieeeee......gonna get a Swordfish........resist Heid, resist.....gonna get a Swordfish.....its beautiful....resist Heid, resist.....think of the HB Tiger......gonna get a Swordfish......

It's not like the Tigers are going anywhere . . . or that you don't already have Tigers in your collection . . . there are only 20 Swordfish . . . resistance is futile . . .

You also don't know how long they will last. Maybe you want to email Tammi to see how long you may have.

You also don't know how long they will last. Maybe you want to email Tammi to see how long you may have.

Uuuugh.....I'm intending buying a set of K&C figures at the end of January that I've been thinking about for some considerable time now and when I get them home, I just know that I'll have to put up with at least 1 week of continual nagging.
My cunning plan is to wait out this Swordfish affliction until March. My doughter is visiting us in China during March/April. If there's any Stringbags left by then, then my daughter will stop me buying one. Next opportunity will be June.....by which time they ought to be sold out and I'll be over this strange desire to spend a lot of money all in one go. Phew.
Cheers
H

Oh, I doubt that. They may be gone but there will be others. The following are on the way for sometime early next year:

F4U Corsair Marines Dream 10 made
F4U Corsair Angel of Okinawa Version 5 made
F4U Corsair French Navy Version 5 made
Helldiver Bunker Hill Version 5 made
Helldiver Baby II Version 5 made
Helldiver French Navy Version 5 made

As I'm not a big Pacific fan, I will pass on these (I don't have the money anyway:)).

However, I'm hoping and Andy has been noncommital that he makes a Mosquito. Now, you couldn't pass that up, could you?

I don't understand it...why did KC produce it in 1/32 when it can be done in 1/30...ergo compatible w/ other KC figures? Looking at the pilot figure standing beside the B-25 looks kinda odd. Remember the C-47 I posted last year (BTW, I sold this to a gentleman in CA)? That was exclusively made in 1/30 and compatible with KC paratroopers.

Also, why can't KC produce crew figures with the planes? If figarti can do it why can't KC

N-P

Oh, I doubt that. They may be gone but there will be others. The following are on the way for sometime early next year:

F4U Corsair Marines Dream 10 made
F4U Corsair Angel of Okinawa Version 5 made
F4U Corsair French Navy Version 5 made
Helldiver Bunker Hill Version 5 made
Helldiver Baby II Version 5 made
Helldiver French Navy Version 5 made

As I'm not a big Pacific fan, I will pass on these (I don't have the money anyway:)).

However, I'm hoping and Andy has been noncommital that he makes a Mosquito. Now, you couldn't pass that up, could you?

Brad - a Mossie would be irresistable....!!!! Boo-Hoo, there goes my pension money.....:eek::eek::)

Aaaaaiiieeeee......I've just seen some Russian-made figures posted on another thread by Combat. Never mind the pension, robbing a bank is the only way.....;););)
Cheers
H

I don't understand it...why did KC produce it in 1/32 when it can be done in 1/30...ergo compatible w/ other KC figures? Looking at the pilot figure standing beside the B-25 looks kinda odd. Remember the C-47 I posted last year (BTW, I sold this to a gentleman in CA)? That was exclusively made in 1/30 and compatible with KC paratroopers.

Also, why can't KC produce crew figures with the planes? If figarti can do it why can't KC

N-P

I still cant believe that Arnold sold me that plane. Its a real work of art and its tight.

MCKENNA

Attachments

• C-47 Dakota 004 (Medium).jpg
    C-47 Dakota 004 (Medium).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 65
  • C-47 Dakota 006 (Medium).jpg
    C-47 Dakota 006 (Medium).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 67
  • C-47 Dakota 007 (Medium).jpg
    C-47 Dakota 007 (Medium).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 64
  • C-47 Dakota 008 (Medium).jpg