An Exercise in Rhetoric (1 Viewer)

Regnar Rick

Private 2
Hey all!

Finally finished my Little Round Top pedestal base.

Although I’m mainly a WW2 collector, who doesn’t love the 20th Maine!!!:D

All that’s needed is to find a few more figures to complete the scene. I may detach them from the base and permanently attach them to the pedestal.

A big kudus to Ken for providing such excellent tips on the back of H&A products!

Cheers!
Jake

A71CDF31-C1A6-462F-B084-9E4FABC6ADB3.jpeg

39568483-6E7A-4C7D-BD3C-505D5475BA09.jpeg

0F74D643-CCD6-48C5-B6EA-29C8DE23A4FF.jpeg

Well done…once you decide on the final composition you might want to try removing a base or two and pinning them in place. I often use side cutters to clip away the base around the feet and then use either file, motorized hand piece such as a Dremel tool, or a bench mounted belt/disk sander to remove the material on the bottom of the feet. I use an emery board and hobby knife for clean-up after the bulk of the material is removed. A small hole can then be drilled in one of the feet and a piece of brass rod or even steel shirt pin superglued into the hole so you can secure the figure into your base with a corresponding hole. I use either superglue or White glue for this step although I lean toward using white glue so I have time to adjust the final position of the figure. Nice to see your display!

Well done…once you decide on the final composition you might want to try removing a base or two and pinning them in place. I often use side cutters to clip away the base around the feet and then use either file, motorized hand piece such as a Dremel tool, or a bench mounted belt/disk sander to remove the material on the bottom of the feet. I use an emery board and hobby knife for clean-up after the bulk of the material is removed. A small hole can then be drilled in one of the feet and a piece of brass rod or even steel shirt pin superglued into the hole so you can secure the figure into your base with a corresponding hole. I use either superglue or White glue for this step although I lean toward using white glue so I have time to adjust the final position of the figure. Nice to see your display!
Thanks so much, Ken! I’ll attempt at removing the figures from their bases as time permits this winter.

I’ll touch base with shortly on that Sherman reference guide you mentioned to me in Chicago.

Best,
Jake

Yes, who doesn't love the 20th Maine? Great dio Jake!! You should enjoy that for years to come.

What did you use for the tree trunks and the foliage?

Yes, who doesn't love the 20th Maine? Great dio Jake!! You should enjoy that for years to come.

What did you use for the tree trunks and the foliage?
Hi there!

Thank you so much for the kind comments. The trunks were sculpted from DAS air clay and the foliage is Hudson and Allen green shrubbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back