Andy Keeping it under his hat (1 Viewer)

Rob

Four Star General
Have just had latest e mail from treefrog and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what the two new lines might be this year?.

I was pretty sure that one of them was going to be Custers Last Stand. But now it seems that a Little Big Horn Series will not made, at least in 2006. I have to say I'm VERY disappointed. It would have been good timing with the battle's 130 anniversary coming up this summer. I know a Western series was done before, but that was more the American West of the movies, the new one was to be more historically accurate. Maybe sometime down the road Andy will give us some great figures for the Battle of the Little Bighorn.

Last edited:
Joey said:
The Alamo and ...?

As Mr. Neilson said 'two new and completely different series' and that he doesn't want to tell more than that, then we must conclude that The Alamo is not one of them as he announced it. I guess (and hope) that one serie will be about the Crusades. As for the other, 'a completely different one' I can't see. The prehistoric times?:D

He said no to the Crusades and wouldn't say any more so I have no idea and the Alamo is totally separate from that. I would love for it to be World War One but I don't think so. Maybe he's coming out with the K & C version of Barbie:p

I understand that the Arnhem series is in line for a makeover (like the Iwo, Romans & Barbarians). I've also heard of the Alamo getting a makeover. If Chris has anything to do with it, it will be ancients of some sort. There is a upcoming movie about Thermopolie, perhaps it will be Spartans vs Persians?

Andy isn't even sure himself. He mentioned what he thought it would be at the Symposium (narrowed down to two related possibilities) but he wasn't sure yet. Just for the record, none of your ideas are even close to what Andy mentioned. Think Andy's roots, and you'll have some idea.

Well, could it be the battle of Bannockburn ? Just guessing...

Joey said:
That would be more memorable and collectable than the wars of the Spanish succession, but you never know: the Scots love to honour the house of Stewart against the odds and the current German Hanoverian/Windsor imposters, even if it means celebrating a defiant defeat such as that at Culloden. So all to play for if it's a series even remotely associated with Scottish history.

Joey said:

Hi Joey, what is the Battle of Bannockburn? I could google it but perhaps you could explain. Michael

Its the battle shown at the very end of the movie Braveheart. A Scottish army led by Robert Bruce defeated an army lead by Edward II (the weak prince shown in the movie) and wins independence for Scotland for a few years.:)

My bet would be Belfast. Andy stated he was assigned there while in the service in the early seventies.
But after thinking, don,t know if that line would sell very well.
I again agree with Brad, would love WW1, but I also think that won,t happen.
Gary

Hi Guys,

I think the SAS would indeed sell well if not in the UK or rather the Irish Republic I would think there would be some interest for them here. I especially think the SAS in the desert somewhere like Oman or the Gulf Wars would big a big hit too. I suspose we will have to wait and see wont we.

Dave

To be honest i would have thought a Falklands War range would be of more interest and certainly less controversial than a Belfast range.

A Falklands set including Royal Marines, Para's, Gurkhas, SBS would be fantastic.

Would love to see Monte Cassino and the wild west.I wonder what the new DD para sets will be like?.

Rob

I would guess Cassino/Anzio. Can't imagine the other suggestions have much appeal outside the UK. Would like to see a Spanish Civil War and Kursk/Eastern Front line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back