Annandale VA and Saddlebrook NJ shows this weekend (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Lieutenant General
There will be two toy soldier shows this weekend, one in Annandale Virginia on Saturday May 31st at the Annandale VFD community center, 7128 Columbia Pike, Annadale Virginia from 9 till 3 and one on Sunday, June 1st as the Wyndam Garden Hotel, 50 Kenny Place, Saddlebrook New Jersey also from 9 til 3.

All aspects of the hobby will be represented; metal, plastic, dimestores, Russian connoisseur figures, diecast, etc, etc. Minutemen Toy Soldiers, The Hobby Bunker and Aeroart are among the dealers attending the shows.

These two shows are basically it on the East Coast until the Annandale show in September.............

George,

You get around a bit don’t you? From what I’ve read from your posts recently you must be one busy guy. How many shows do you frequent a year?

Regards

Jeff

Jeff,
I attend about 26 shows per year, roughly one every other weekend, so you are correct, I am a busy guy, being busy keeps me out of trouble........:p.

I'd like to get out to more shows actually, am planning on attending the Atlanta, San Antonio, West Coaster and one of the London shows next year. Will probably take my girlfriend to all four and make mini vacations out of them as well.

I'm hoping to meet you at Annondale this weekend Warrior. I've never been to a show and would really like to go.

It will probably be around noon when I get there. If I manage to go. It's about a five hour drive for me. I'll be wearing a hat or T-shirt that says; "1st Stuart Horse Artillery". I'ld really like to meet some of ya'll.

I hope you and Jeff can make it there Cap...........

I'd like to make it, but I'm starting to limit travel due to gas prices. On the other hand, I get paid this Friday....

Jeff,
I meant Jeff Rice, who is a mate of the Caps; naturally I'd be thrilled if you did in fact come all the way over from the Uk for the show, but if you were to come here for one and only one, I'd suggest OTSN, the show of shows here in the US.

I hope to get over to the Uk for one of the London shows.................

"I'd like to make it, but I'm starting to limit travel due to gas prices."

The price of gas in this country is borderline criminal. Last year at this time, regular unleaded in these parts was 2.83 per gallon; it is now 4.03, a STAGGERING 1.20 per gallon jump, THIRTY percent higher.

After these two back to back shows ( a huge bonus for me as the New Jersey show is on the way back from Annandale and will be a nice bump for me), I am done with shows until July, the huge Historicon wargaming convention I attend every year down in Lancaster PA. I am passing on two other shows, one in June and one in July, gas will be 5.00 a gallon by then the way it's going. August has only one show and it's a local (Massachusetts) show, no overhead for that one.

Someone needs to get off their rear end and do something; anything really at this point would do. A crying shame really................

"I'd like to make it, but I'm starting to limit travel due to gas prices."

The price of gas in this country is borderline criminal. Last year at this time, regular unleaded in these parts was 2.83 per gallon; it is now 4.03, a STAGGERING 1.20 per gallon jump, THIRTY percent higher.

After these two back to back shows ( a huge bonus for me as the New Jersey show is on the way back from Annandale and will be a nice bump for me), I am done with shows until July, the huge Historicon wargaming convention I attend every year down in Lancaster PA. I am passing on two other shows, one in June and one in July, gas will be 5.00 a gallon by then the way it's going. August has only one show and it's a local (Massachusetts) show, no overhead for that one.

Someone needs to get off their rear end and do something; anything really at this point would do. A crying shame really................

Standing most of Congress against the wall and shooting them would be a good start. Or maybe just a good ol' tarring-and-feathering.

Prost, beianand!
Brad

I plan on going to the Annandale show. I sure hope that it better attended than the Annapolis show. I plan on getting there early, right after the doors open. Don't want to miss any of those good deals. :)

It's about an hour and 20 minutes drive for me in Baltimore. Just hope that the capital beltway IS-495 isn't screwed up. :mad:

Skeeterbuck, once the 60th person passes through the door, we will have done better numberswise than Annapolis, which should happen based on past Annandale shows around 10:30am or so.

The amazing thing is another promoter has scheduled yet another show at the armory on June 1st; for the collectors and dealers who attend, I hope it turns out better than the show on the 10th!

495 is a disaster, reminds me of a road up here in Boston called "The Expressway" (route 93 north, which takes you from the southern part of the state up into Boston and up to the northern part of the state) or as we call it, "The Distressway." Many a political hacks pockets were lined when they did a massive construction job on it known as the big dig, which did nothing to ease the traffic nightmare of getting into Boston........................

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain

"I don't mind what Congress does, as long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses." Victor Hugo

"All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity." Mark Twain

"...I never can think of Judas Iscariot without losing my temper. To my mind Judas Iscariot was nothing but a low, mean, premature, Congressman." - "Foster's Case", New York Tribune, 3/10/1873

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar

Will Rogers
"A fool and his money are soon elected."

"About all I can say for the United States Senate is that it opens with a prayer and closes with an investigation."

"Alexander Hamilton started the U.S. Treasury with nothing, and that was the closest our country has ever been to being even."

"Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate, now what's going to happen to us with both a House and a Senate?"

"Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do."

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

"Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they would be Republicans."

"If you ever injected truth into politics you have no politics."

And my favorite quote from Will Rogers - "Ohio claims they are due a president as they haven't had one since Taft. Look at the United States, they have not had one since Lincoln."

We invaded Kuwait and did not get the oil, so we invaded Iraq and still no oil. Can we bring the troops home and drill for the oil off the coast and in Alaska ?

We liberated Kuwait and got what, a gee thanks for coming and bailing us out; why don't they use the oil in Iraq to fund the war effort, makes sense to me. But then again, I'm not a politician; you know, the guys who's motto is "Don't just do something, stand there".................

Jeff,
I meant Jeff Rice, who is a mate of the Caps; naturally I'd be thrilled if you did in fact come all the way over from the Uk for the show, but if you were to come here for one and only one, I'd suggest OTSN, the show of shows here in the US.

I hope to get over to the Uk for one of the London shows.................

George,

Sorry, my mistake :eek:. If you can ever get over here for one of the London shows I'm buying the first beers :)

Jeff

Sounds like a plan to me, I'll let you know..........and I'll be buying the next two rounds...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back