Any help appreciated (2 Viewers)

Regiment s ?

Figure on left with lance is a historex plastic kit of a french Napoleonic polish lancer of the guard. Not sure of age as historex are still in production now could be 70/80s. What is the other figure made of?

I know Britains but what regiment and age ?

These have all been repainted in a matte finish four are Indian cavalry not sure what regiment maybe Bengal cavalry. The figure on the rearing horse is a Hussar of what regiment I'm not sure again repainted, I think the actual figure is a 2nd version of the rearing horse casting.

These have all been repainted in a matte finish four are Indian cavalry not sure what regiment maybe Bengal cavalry. The figure on the rearing horse is a Hussar of what regiment I'm not sure again repainted, I think the actual figure is a 2nd version of the rearing horse casting.

The rearing Hussar - was originally by Benbros - and the original incorrect colours that they frequently painted figures as ( in Glosss), look to have been re-painted again in Matte by what looks to be the same hand as the other figures.

If it was a Britains figure - it would have it embossed on the base. If you look carefully underneath the horse - you should find "Made in England" - which is how Benbros marked him. He dates from the 1950's. jb

New Hope Design kits are still available, and can be found here: http://newhopedesign.shqminiatures.co.uk/

I contacted SHQ Miniatures about their availability and how to order. They sent me a nice reply to confirm that any of the kits can be ordered via email and payment is through PayPal. They did say that the New Hope range is up for sale, so there may be a different vendor in the future.

Some of Russell Gammage's Rose Miniatures are available from John Eden, http://www.johnedenstudios.com/ He doesn't have the complete catalog, though. I think that some of the rest of the catalog is available from a seller in Australia, or at least, someone down there bought some of the molds. Otherwise, the kits come up on eBay and elsewhere on the secondary market.

Prost!
Brad

Figure on left with lance is a historex plastic kit of a french Napoleonic polish lancer of the guard. Not sure of age as historex are still in production now could be 70/80s. What is the other figure made of?

Both plastic , I think again it's historex

I think from left to right head position:

3rd Grenadiers (Imperial Guard), Line Hussar, Line Drummer, Line Lancer, 2nd Lancers (Imp Gd), Marshal Murat, Line 3rd Hussars.

Rgds Victor

I think from left to right head position:

3rd Grenadiers (Imperial Guard), Line Hussar, Line Drummer, Line Lancer, 2nd Lancers (Imp Gd), Marshal Murat, Line 3rd Hussars.

Rgds Victor
Thank you victor

The rearing Hussar - was originally by Benbros - and the original incorrect colours that they frequently painted figures as ( in Glosss), look to have been re-painted again in Matte by what looks to be the same hand as the other figures.

If it was a Britains figure - it would have it embossed on the base. If you look carefully underneath the horse - you should find "Made in England" - which is how Benbros marked him. He dates from the 1950's. jb

Thanks jb he does Indeed have made in England underneath ... I'm learning every day

Thanks jb he does Indeed have made in England underneath ... I'm learning every day

That's the way - learn a little every day - and soon you will become familiar with many identifying features for figures. That figure is a Hollowcast ( i.e hollow inside) - so feels light for it's size - which is a good ID feature in itself - and tells you the figure was probably cast prior to 1966, when hollowcasting more or less finished.

Benbros BTW, was a London (UK) based Company, founded by the Brothers Nathan and Jack Bennison. If you can get hold of a book by Norman Joplin called "The Great Book of Hollow-cast Figures", 1993 ( or paperback version 1999), you will learn a darn site more about this fascinating hobby. Maybe your local library can help???

Happy sleuthing - jb

Well done JB you got me on that one, I see it now, I have to say I don't have any Benbros stuff in my collection. :salute:::salute::

Well done JB you got me on that one, I see it now, I have to say I don't have any Benbros stuff in my collection. :salute:::salute::

Ha! - I cheated a bit too John - I finished repairing and painting up a pair of these just a couple of weeks ago - so I knew them back-to front by then. I now have four of them - as I did two more awhile ago.

They are very similar to the earliest Britains casting, often found as Household cavalry or Dragoons though.

Ha! - I cheated a bit too John - I finished repairing and painting up a pair of these just a couple of weeks ago - so I knew them back-to front by then. I now have four of them - as I did two more awhile ago.

They are very similar to the earliest Britains casting, often found as Household cavalry or Dragoons though.
They look really good

Well JB they are certainly superior to the originals beautifully painted

Ok guys with your help I've catalogued over 200 soldiers mainly historex and these are what I'm struggling with now ! The two at the back I think are airfix ! Any help with regiments would be appreciated before I start on my lead ones 🤔

I'm thinking the Britains are over painted set 47 skinners horse cavalry ? correct me if I'm wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back