Any information on these ? (1 Viewer)

I've never seen anything like them. My first thought is that these are commercial figures that have been heavily modified by a collector-painter. The way the edge of the king's mantle looks, it makes me think it's made from paper or cloth.

Can you tell us their size or scale?

Prost!
Brad

I've never seen anything like them. My first thought is that these are commercial figures that have been heavily modified by a collector-painter. The way the edge of the king's mantle looks, it makes me think it's made from paper or cloth.

Can you tell us their size or scale?

Brad
Thanks they are approx 65mm high

Taking a second look, the king's base makes me wonder if he's an Elastolin figure under all that. Is there anything under either of the bases?

Prost!
Brad

They're both in "kingly" attire, one sorta arabic, so I'm thinking they're two of the three kings (or wise men) from a nativity set - maybe different sets since the bases are dissimilar. They may have started out as something else and been converted - no clue as to manufacturer.

I think the pair represents a king and queen of France, probably Louis XVI onwards because of the fleur de lys.

Rgds Victor

I think the one on the left with the green vase is probably a Timpo figure or maybe a copy.

They are from two different makers.

The female with the green base is most likely from a Cherilea swoppet knight set. They made swoppets in a 65 MM scale.
I do not know if they included a Maid Marian, Queen or Lady in Waiting in the set.
I would guess that they did, as everyone else was making then at the time.

The second figure looks like a resin Christmas town type piece.
Maybe a Lemax 3 Kings figure?

My 2 cents.

They're both in "kingly" attire, one sorta arabic, so I'm thinking they're two of the three kings (or wise men) from a nativity set - maybe different sets since the bases are dissimilar. They may have started out as something else and been converted - no clue as to manufacturer.

I think the pair represents a king and queen of France, probably Louis XVI onwards because of the fleur de lys.

Rgds Victor

I agree on both points, that they've been converted from something else, and that as they are currently finished, they represent a French king and queen.

I thought about Elastolin, because the king's base is white, and shaped similarly to the bases on Elastolin's 75mm figures. But they're also molded with "Elastolin" under the base.

I think Nevinsrip's given us some more pieces of the puzzle, too.

Prost!
Brad

If I may offer a tip going forward, I'd include a shot of the undersides of the bases. That helps us identify many figures, whether we can ID them positively, or just narrow down the possibilities by ruling out makers who used known markings.

Prost!
Brad

The Knight on the left is a real Timpo. At least that's a Timpo base. No other company made that color base.
The Knight on the right looks like a Timpo copy to me. Transogram or HK perhaps.

Are the arms and legs over moulded or are they separate pieces?

Real Timpos do not have separate arms and legs. All the copies do.

The Knight on the left is a real Timpo. At least that's a Timpo base. No other company made that color base.
The Knight on the right looks like a Timpo copy to me. Transogram or HK perhaps.

Are the arms and legs over moulded or are they separate pieces?

Real Timpos do not have separate arms and legs. All the copies do.

Look all one piece to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back