Any News On 2020 Club Figures (2 Viewers)

Thin Red Line

Private 2
Has anyone heard any news on 2020 club figures? I didn't rejoin last year due to very late delivery's the year before and also the nap figure was poor.Not sure if that improved at all in 2019 .The Standard was always very well done but the erratic delivery times and consent "its at the printers" was off putting.

Just rechecked the website nothing listed yet.

Call them They will be very happy to talk with you

Dave

still waiting for my 2019 figure
richard

Richard I got my figure recently, you should contact them and see what is happening with it.

There should be a list on the website in the next day or two telling what figures will be available.

Dave

Richard I got my figure recently, you should contact them and see what is happening with it.

There should be a list on the website in the next day or two telling what figures will be available.

Dave

Which one did you get? Any pictures?

I received the ACW Zouave a week ago. I also ordered the Napoleonic British Infantry figure, but I think it is still to arrive.

On Britain's website it says that news for the 2020 figures is forthcoming.

The list of the new club figures is up, but only the one photo. It is the London dinner event Figure.

Regards

Brian

50100c---clash-of-empires---clarks-illinois-regiment-standing-alert-1782
50101c---american-civil-war---confederate-artillery-officer-1861-65
50102c---regiments---gloss-coldstream-guardsman-marching-1792
50103c---napoleonic---nassau-fusilier-standing-firing-1815
50104c---wwii---german-army-nco-running-with-teller-mine-43

these are the other figures for 2020, but no pictures yet:salute::
richard
[​

Which one did you get? Any pictures?

I got the war on the Nile Piper1882

50097C - War Along The Nile - 42 Royal Highland Regiment

He looks good I am not sure which figure I will get this coming year because I don’t really collect any of the lines they are doing. Leaning towards the WWII figure but am waiting for photos

Dave

The newclub figures look great,especiallly for me the Nassau fusilier and the representation of a 24th of foot colour sergeant. This latter figure looks as if it is based on the portrayal of Colour Sergeant Frank Bourne by Nigel Green toowards the end of the film Zulu, when he takes roll call. I am very aware that the real C/Sgt Bourne was only in his early 20s at the time of Rourke's Drift and as the youngest soldier in The British Army was known, probably not to his face, as "The Kid", but I thought Green's depiction of a SNCO in The British Army had a lot going for it.

What are the benefits, if any, as a UK resident becoming a club member, under the current arrangement? As a UK resident does anyone know of a dealer here ,or elsewhere in Europe that can supply club figures? Not at all keen to pay postage and import taxes if my source has to be the U.S.A.
Black Bob

The newclub figures look great,especiallly for me the Nassau fusilier and the representation of a 24th of foot colour sergeant. This latter figure looks as if it is based on the portrayal of Colour Sergeant Frank Bourne by Nigel Green toowards the end of the film Zulu, when he takes roll call. I am very aware that the real C/Sgt Bourne was only in his early 20s at the time of Rourke's Drift and as the youngest soldier in The British Army was known, probably not to his face, as "The Kid", but I thought Green's depiction of a SNCO in The British Army had a lot going for it.

What are the benefits, if any, as a UK resident becoming a club member, under the current arrangement? As a UK resident does anyone know of a dealer here ,or elsewhere in Europe that can supply club figures? Not at all keen to pay postage and import taxes if my source has to be the U.S.A.
Black Bob

Hi Black Bob, I'm in Broxburn and a member, I don't know of any dealers in the UK selling club figures. I can add any club figures you want to my next order if this helps. Brian

Black Bob
I agree with you the Nap figure is one of the better ones of the last few years the trouble is the price for membership in the Uk is now £57 for one figure and three(?) magazines.If the figure is around £30 that's £9 a standard thats not very tempting for me Im afraid.

I agree with you the Nap figure is one of the better ones of the last few years the trouble is the price for membership in the Uk is now £57 for one figure and three(?) magazines.If the figure is around £30 that's £9 a standard thats not very tempting for me Im afraid.

I agree, but do you still get the London Dec event figure? I stopped about 5 years ago when releases dried up, just stopped collecting WB and got rid of my Zulu, War of the Nile and Clash of Empire sets. Still was a member for the following year as collected the Gloss His of British Army and there was always one in the members choice, but then they were sold at the London TS Show to anyway. Plus the benefits of membership were not worth the cost.

I agree, but do you still get the London Dec event figure? I stopped about 5 years ago when releases dried up, just stopped collecting WB and got rid of my Zulu, War of the Nile and Clash of Empire sets. Still was a member for the following year as collected the Gloss His of British Army and there was always one in the members choice, but then they were sold at the London TS Show to anyway. Plus the benefits of membership were not worth the cost.
I take it postage e.t.c plays a part maybe the UK market is too small to worry about . Prehaps the whole idea is dated and things have moved on.Another concern is when you go through they're online catalogue a lot of figures due for release in 2019 never came out.

I take it postage e.t.c plays a part maybe the UK market is too small to worry about . Prehaps the whole idea is dated and things have moved on.Another concern is when you go through they're online catalogue a lot of figures due for release in 2019 never came out.

Not just from 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

Back