Any support for Falklands War figures amongst British Collectors? (1 Viewer)

It's April 2nd again - the 39th Anniversary of the Falklands invasion. :salute::

A New book is released today by the author of the outstanding "The First Casualty" Ricky D Phillips - which gave the real story of Naval Party 8901's heroic resistance to the Argentine landing.

This book looks to be equally outstanding. My order went in today.

"As the firing died down and the merciless bombardment ended, the Argentine forces in and around Stanley, the capital of the Falkland Islands, were forced to surrender. As the detritus of war was burned or buried over time, healing the scars across the land, which faded faster than the scars in the minds of the men who fought in this terrible conflict, one bundle of papers survived.They were the letters which never made it home on the last flight out of the war zone before the final battle ended: the letters of a group of Argentine soldiers who recount the hope and the horror of their daily lives alongside some of the most dramatic and famous events in the war's history, telling the story as it is - gritty and visceral - against the backdrop of the war which the junta's press machine tells their families they are winning.Carrying the hopes of their nation on their shoulders, the men who fought the war for a place they called "Malvinas" - a place they were taught to love but never knew - tell the untold story of the war first hand. As veteran historian Ricky D Phillips fills in the canvas around them and tells the story of the Argentine army at war, of the men who fought in the conflict, and attempts to track down the authors of the Last Letters from Stanley."

Attachments

• lfsb.jpg
    lfsb.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 250
I Never thought it would happen really - but it finally has ^&grin

I started this thread in 2018 {eek3} (some interesting comments on here!) and I have just received my first two K&C Falklands Yompers - YEH!

Personally very, very pleased with them. They come with a couple of spare flags in each box. I thought the shading on the flags nice and you can manipulate the thin card to give a nice ripple effect to the flags.

So looking forward to 2022 and more releases.

Many Thanks K&C - Much kudos to you.

Roy

Attachments

• falklandsa2.jpg
    falklandsa2.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 208
  • falklands2b2.jpg
    falklands2b2.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 213
  • falklands2c2.jpg
    falklands2c2.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 205
I'm happy for you Roy. It was a long shot, but it finally came.
Go for Broke - that is very kind of you :salute:: And thank you again for your very welcome information and input on the 'Second to None' release of the group of Yomping Royal Marines earlier (2018!) in the thread :)

I wish you an early Merry Christmas!

Roy

Yes good on you Roy. Nothing better when something finally works out successfully. 2022 appears full of promise for this series and we will yomp along. Robin.

I started this thread in 2018 {eek3} (some interesting comments on here!) and I have just received my first two K&C Falklands Yompers - YEH!

Personally very, very pleased with them. They come with a couple of spare flags in each box. I thought the shading on the flags nice and you can manipulate the thin card to give a nice ripple effect to the flags.

Roy

Many thanks Roy your words are much appreciated!

’The Falklands War’ series has been ‘on my radar’ for a very long time but was nearly always ‘back-squadded’ by other ranges of figures and/or other priorities.

However with the approaching 40th Anniversary of the conflict coming around I decided, by hook or by crook, K&C would definitely get to work on the project.
And now you and many others have the first example on hand to enjoy.

As I’ve said and written before, ‘It was a relatively small war that made a huge impact not only on the two main countries fighting it but all around the world’.

Thankyou once more for your encouragement and enthusiasm…’Keep on Yompin’!
Andy.

Yes good on you Roy. Nothing better when something finally works out successfully. 2022 appears full of promise for this series and we will yomp along. Robin.
Thank you for your kind and perceptive comment Robin :salute:: It's quite comforting to have something uplifting to look forward to in 2022.

A rare thing in these weird and not so wonderful times - hopefully 2022 will be a kinder year to us all :)

Seasons Greetings!

Roy

Many thanks Roy your words are much appreciated!

’The Falklands War’ series has been ‘on my radar’ for a very long time but was nearly always ‘back-squadded’ by other ranges of figures and/or other priorities.

However with the approaching 40th Anniversary of the conflict coming around I decided, by hook or by crook, K&C would definitely get to work on the project.
And now you and many others have the first example on hand to enjoy.

As I’ve said and written before, ‘It was a relatively small war that made a huge impact not only on the two main countries fighting it but all around the world’.

Thankyou once more for your encouragement and enthusiasm…’Keep on Yompin’!
Andy.
That is extremely kind of you Andy and very much appreciated :)
I feel though that the thanks are all due to you for taking on this project :salute:: :salute:::salute:: I love everything shown so far :) No suggestions now from me - just keep on with with you're doing!

Wishing you much success with the series - of course I will support it all the way...........and yes.............. I'll certainly 'Keep on Yompin' ^&grin

Merry Christmas!

Roy

Roy

A couple?....I had Five in mine!!!! {sm3}

Jeff

A couple?....I had Five in mine!!!! {sm3}

Jeff
I looked at the bags without opening them Jeff :eek: Just had a quick check - you're quite right :eek: 5 in each of mine as well :)

I'll hang them all out next year to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee ^&grin

Seasons Greetings!

Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back