appraisals online (3 Viewers)

Asterix

Private 2
(Not sure if this is the best spot to ask but...)

I'm looking for a reliable online appraisal site for older (i.e. pre-1980) toy soldiers, equipment, castles etc. I thought I had found one in the UK and bookmarked it, but I'm away from that computer right now.

Any help out there?

(Not sure if this is the best spot to ask but...)

I'm looking for a reliable online appraisal site for older (i.e. pre-1980) toy soldiers, equipment, castles etc. I thought I had found one in the UK and bookmarked it, but I'm away from that computer right now.

Any help out there?

Hello Asterix,
Are you looking for an appraisal for insurance purposes or for a selling price points?

--- LaRRy

Hello Asterix,
Are you looking for an appraisal for insurance purposes or for a selling price points?

--- LaRRy

I'm looking for selling prices. I'm considering a purchase but I'm a bit wary of the asking price.

I'm looking for selling prices. I'm considering a purchase but I'm a bit wary of the asking price.

Good Evening , Asterix,

Maybe it's me but I am still not sure what you are looking to discover.

(A) You have (OWN) older (i.e. pre-1980) toy soldiers, equipment, castles etc and want to find out how much they are worth so you can set the price to sell them ...

OR

(B) You wish to buy older (i.e. pre-1980) toy soldiers, equipment, castles etc. from another person and want to know how much you should pay.

Sounds like choice (B) but I am not sure ... :rolleyes2:

There are many threads on this forum that discusses prices (from the buyer's standpoint) as well as (from the seller's standpoint).

Either buying or selling there are numerous options to discover and the folks on here can give you some pretty accurate information.

Chat later,

--- LaRRy

Hi Larry,

It's "B" - I'm in the market to buy pre-1980 items to fill out gaps in my collection.

I'll try looking around the Forum closer.

I'm returning home Saturday (Jan. 27) and should rediscover that UK appraiser website I mentioned earlier.

Stay tuned! {sm4}

Okay here is the homepage address: www.toymart.com

While it is not as extensive as we might wish it does list as some of the brands they do appraise the following: Britains, Crescent, Elastolin ("none found" at the moment), John Hill Co., King and County, and Triang (toy castles). Look for the "All Brands" link on the left side of the homepage. It is a site that would merit revisiting from time to time.

Good hunting! {sm3}

There is a site called worthpoint. I tried it for a year but it really only shows eBay results and even then it’s not very good. I stopped using it. But might be worth a look

Not to hijack this thread or anything but does anyone have insurance on their collection and if so did they have to get an appraisal? Never contemplated insurance before but my collection is ever growing and I would hate to be out due to a fire, break in etc..... knock on wood.

Not to hijack this thread or anything but does anyone have insurance on their collection and if so did they have to get an appraisal? Never contemplated insurance before but my collection is ever growing and I would hate to be out due to a fire, break in etc..... knock on wood.

I looked into it; you'd have to get a rider on your home owners policy and at the time I looked into it, it was outrageous, a total non starter for me..................

Sahara, somewhere in my failing memory I recall a thread on this. You may want to go into the general toy soldier discussion area and start a new thread on this subject. I think there were good suggestions on it, but not necessarily cheap suggestions. Good luck

Joe

I have insurance on my collection. It's under my homeowners insurance along with the paintings and jewelry. I pay extra on top of my regular home owners insurance, but it is all lumped into the mortgage payment, so I don't "see it" as an additional payment. I'm in the US and have State Farm. If something happens to the house, they just write a check for the amount insured. I have photos and video of everything. I am under insured, I know, and it gets worse every year as I add on and things go up in price. To be honest, I most likely could not find replacements for the original Jenkins sets from 2006 to 2010. There we just not that many sets made. Speak with your insurance broker for your homeowners insurance. They can tell you the facts and you can either agree or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back