Are Figarti planes similar to KC (1 Viewer)

tryfon

Sergeant
Hi all, I do not have Figarti Planes but interested as they look great

are they plastic and fragile or same as the nice KC ones, metal, resin

all the best

all the best
Same as king & country

all the best

Just have to be careful with paint peel.

I had a couple of them and they were made of polyurethane different than K & C, which are made of polystone. The Figarti ones had a different feel to them and were well detailed. I never had a peeling paint issue with them.

I had both K & C and Figarti planes but ultimately decided to sell them to just focus on my K & C wooden ones.

Watch out for bent wings on the Figarti ones. As made from polyurethane the wings can bend up or down. not good. make sure you get photos of any you want to purchase up front to check they are straight.

K&C/TGM ones all from wood from the Philippines. no problems with them at all. beautiful and detail is amazing.

cheers,

Stefan

Watch out for bent wings on the Figarti ones. As made from polyurethane the wings can bend up or down. not good. make sure you get photos of any you want to purchase up front to check they are straight.

K&C/TGM ones all from wood from the Philippines. no problems with them at all. beautiful and detail is amazing.

cheers,

Stefan

Made of Narra aka Philippine Mahogany. Are kiln dried and do not crack in cold weather.

cheers,

Stefan

I believe Tryfon was referring to the K & C poly ones, not the wooden Connoisseur planes, which are quite different.

I owned a couple of the Figarti ones and never had an issue with bent wings or any other issues.

I believe Tryfon was referring to the K & C poly ones, not the wooden Connoisseur planes, which are quite different.

I owned a couple of the Figarti ones and never had an issue with bent wings or any other issues.

Brad,

You have been very lucky I have quite a few Figarti planes the majority suffer bent wings and paint peel and associated figures paint peel is significant.

I would think it's a fair warning to be aware of these issues.

Mark

Hi guys, the one I was looking at buying is

Captain Elrod's Wildcat
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WIA-016[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]which will be my first, I heard they are lighter than KC Figarti planes, and can see the feedback, has anyone have this particular one[/FONT]

all the best
Trevor

Hi guys, the one I was looking at buying is

Captain Elrod's Wildcat
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WIA-016[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]which will be my first, I heard they are lighter than KC Figarti planes, and can see the feedback, has anyone have this particular one[/FONT]

all the best
Trevor

Trevor,

I don’t have any Figarti planes personally; though I do have a number of models from John Jenkins Design, K&C, and Thomas Gunn. If you want a very nice1/30 scale Wildcat that will come with few issues, I would totally recommend one of the John Jenkins Design F4F Wildcat models. It’s a beautiful model with superb detail and versatile display options. There’s also a large selection of pilot and deck crew figures to accompany it as well. Pictured is my JJD Butch O’Hare Wildcat.

0656-C38-D-D3-E5-4780-AB93-851431-B14-CB2.jpg

I've never experienced bent wings nor paint chips from the Figarti planes.

They are beautiful; especially the B25 and the various Stukas (the desert version is awesome).

Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back