• WWI

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Napoleonic (True 1st World War)

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • AWI

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been watching this Poll very carefully and I think we have a problem with the voting machine ! I mean how could anyone not believe that.....

NAPOLEON !

Is the Best !! :D

(sorry - couldnt help myself)

Amen to that ...
Ron, you have nothing to be sorry about.

Congratulations on the private front.

OD

Gentlemen

Your disrespect towards the Emperuer has cause me to alert our Special Divison within the Old Guard.

You will all be found and bayoneted in the morning ! :eek: :eek:

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC !

LONG LIVE NAPOLEON !!

That is all - Thank you............End of Communication from Paris :D ;)

ronOLEON:

Say it is not true! Rumor has it that in the name of "NAPPY" you will be donating all of your K&C WW II items to various forum members in trade for bayonets to outfit your OLD Guard. I will also let Blake at NMA to forward your famed Tigers my way.

That is all - Thank you......End of Communication from Duxford

In the end it is comforting to know that the Allies will beat the Corsican Monster and will make the world safe for a Monarchy...

Very true, very true. While the Allies fought for an outdate system of goverment we all know Napoleon was fightin for the rights of the common man.

Viva la Napoleon,

Old Guard

Napoleon wasn't fighing for the comman man but to better his families position with in Europe. :rolleyes:

Back to the start any clues or ideas as to when and what the next Naps will be ?:confused:

Thanks for voting and please keep voting.

Regards
Richard

Napoleon fighting for the common man??? I hope that was a joke. He probably thought he was, but he was a tyrant.

I assume you've all seen Goya's paintings of the French Atrocities in Spain?

Attachments

• goya.jpg
    goya.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 88
Napoleon fighting for the common man??? I hope that was a joke. He probably thought he was, but he was a tyrant.

I assume you've all seen Goya's paintings of the French Atrocities in Spain?

Dear All

I am not defending the Emperur or otherwise ... fighting for the common man, he was, And a bit of a tyrant, he was.

The Goya paintings show graphically how the common man can frequently be wipped up and manipulated by any cause, to do atrocious things to fellow man.

Sadly, we never learn.

OD

Sadly, we never learn.

That's very true.
It seems to me that nearly every time that someone rakes up followers by acting as a champion for the common man, they turn out bad. Castro is the first example that comes to mind, speaking from my own family's history. (Castro was sent to an island as a prisoner and came back...) History definitely repeats itself.

But, anyway, about the naps line: Any clues as to what will be replacing the KGL that are being retired?

To answer the first question by Tricky 1805 it was fairly obvious that King's German Legion should/would be discontinued before the Black Watch even though more recent releases. This is because BW far more popular and go well with the French cavalry figures (ie, Pike, Lunging bayonet and drummer). I personally collect Naps myself and look forward to the next releases. Polish Lancers or Prussians would be good.
Certainly the WWII collectors are under a lot of pressure as so many great releases coming out so close together. Maybe somebody could set up a counselling service for K&C collectors. I may be biased but my advice is divorce the wife, adopt out the kids, give up alcohol and cigarettes, buy more cabinets or build an extension to the house and buy everything !!!
Regards
Brett

Maybe somebody could set up a counselling service for K&C collectors. I may be biased but my advice is divorce the wife, adopt out the kids, give up alcohol and cigarettes, buy more cabinets or build an extension to the house and buy everything !!!
Regards
Brett

Brett,

I think you could be the man for the job! How much do you charge for an hours' counselling session? :p

There have been a few calls for 95th / 60th Rifles. It probably wouldn't be beneficial to release a rifles line whilst the KGL are still current (guess work on my part), so it may be that these are being retired to make way for a new line at some point in the future. Hopefully.

Simon

Brett,

I think you could be the man for the job! How much do you charge for an hours' counselling session? :p

There have been a few calls for 95th / 60th Rifles. It probably wouldn't be beneficial to release a rifles line whilst the KGL are still current (guess work on my part), so it may be that these are being retired to make way for a new line at some point in the future. Hopefully.

Simon

I have a marketing suggestion for all the manufacturers - 'free house, barn and garage extension with every new line'.;)

Tex - due to your youth - I will not send the OLD GUARD Bayonet squad to your home. :D

However, to compare Napoleon a Great Military Leader to that thug Castro - well you are pushing it my friend ! There is no comparison at all in my book.

Tex - due to your youth - I will not send the OLD GUARD Bayonet squad to your home. :D You leave young Tex out of this and call off your bayonet wielding thugs.

However, to compare Napoleon a Great Military Leader to that thug Castro - well you are pushing it my friend ! There is no comparison at all in my book.
Mind you comparing Nap to Castro was a bit out of order - I suppose. How about comparing him to that thug Stalin instead.....I see many similarities.
Heh, heh, heh....."That Ought To Get It Started"....:D:D

Harry

We are checking the maps now - but, my OLD GUARD Friends are having trouble finding where you live.....can you give some directions - we will be sitting here sharpening our bayonets :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back