ARMIES IN PLASTIC - US 15th INFANTRY REGT 1813 - (WAR OF 1812) (1 Viewer)

9thHussar

Sergeant
Hi - I am getting into the flow of these Armies in Plastic sets - latest offering is a reworking of the British Infantry set Waterloo 1815 into the US 15th Infantry Regt 1813 from the War of 1812. - see link below:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn78/royaldragoon/IMG_3616_zps46d33c11.jpg

They wore a similar cut of uniform, but I had to remove the British style shako plate and add a square silver shako plate instead. The uniform is grey with black lace and the Officer has a blue coat with white trousers and red sash round his waist.

I am going to show a photo of another set painted as Belgian Infantry Waterloo 1815 to follow,

Hope you like - it was a pleasure to paint this set of poses

Regards
Dave

I like your style of painting. What paint do you use to make the colors look so flat and lose that glossy look. Mine always have a bit of a shine and in my photos do not look like cloth.
Also I appreciate your ability to see these sets for other than what they were made for.

hi

thanks - have been using Humbrol matt enamels since 1970's but also now use their acrylic paints too

regards
Dave

Dave,
These figures and all your other ones look great! Have you painted of their French and Indian War figures yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back