Armies In Plastic World War One Eastern Front (1 Viewer)

I clicked the link but only got to Facebook. I am not a member so I can't see any painted figures. Can you post some?

In the Osprey MAA The German Army in World War I (3) one of the color pictures show a Finnish NCO of the Prussian 27th Light Infantry wearing the steel helmet and puttees. An exact copy of the AIP German infantry.

This unit was formed of Finns who came to Germany from Czarist Finland and joined the army as Jagers. This unit returned to Finland in 1918 and fought in the Finnish Civil War on the White side. They also were the basis of the officer and NCOs of the Finnish Army.

A good wargame could be put together for later war Eastern Front battles.

I was even thinking of a fantasy wargame with German troops in the Carpathian Mountains, pine trees, Cossacks, Bolshevik sailors, and vampire castles!

Thanks for the photos. AIP sure makes nice figures.

For their WW1 Russians, 1/2 of the figures in the box have the brimless cap. While these could make good Naval Infantry, has anyone done any simple conversions adding a short brim to the caps?

The big advantage to this era is very simple painting to the basic colors of Russian Khaki and German Grey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back