Assembling Kit (1 Viewer)

Igor

Corporal

Hi
Here we show how we assemble metal kit
We use soldering iron and solder (melting point of 100 deg)

Interesting to see how easy soldering is! :rolleyes: I've tried this but always end up with blobs or holes, so I use gel type superglue to assemble white metal kits.

Thanks for posting these photos...the end result looks much better.

Jeff

Interesting to see how easy soldering is! :rolleyes: I've tried this but always end up with blobs or holes, so I use gel type superglue to assemble white metal kits.

Thanks for posting these photos...the end result looks much better.

Jeff

Many people visited our studio
Anyone wishing to learn to solder...:)Another plus - the figure is much stronger

Great job Igor!

I, like you like to solder my figures together. It makes for a much stronger joint and much less a risk of future breakage.

What manufacturer of solder do you use and where do you get it from?

Thanks!

I use an alloy: 25% Tin / Lead 25% / 50% Bismuth ...
The melting point is 100 degrees Celsius -

No problem to find this alloy in St. Petersburg
Also you can cook it yourself if you have Bi ;)

Igor,

thanks for showing us your technique of assembly using solder, its great to see a craftsman at work. :)

Will you continue posting images that show us your painting technique on this figure as well?

I'm sure that would be of great interest too!

JOhn

This looks like a very interesting thread...
a St. Petersburg painter going to work...
I'll watch this one closely...
the detail on the sculpt looks really nice...
I got a feeling Igor is getting ready to "dazzle" us...

Thank you for showing us how you assemble your wonderful figures. I hope you will be showing the different stages of painting next.

Very good pictures !!!:)

King's Man

Thanks for showing us how a pro does it properly. If I were brave enough, I would show my ONLY attempt at soldering. However, the third degree burns would not allow me to use a camera for several days, the burns to my desktop also made the camera wobble on the tripod - and my wife confiscated the soldering iron, (she says on the plastic surgeon's orders), making a reconstruction of the event impossible.

Using super-glue since that time, has meant that I have only glued my fingers together14 times,and my hand to the desk once. My charred and chiselled desk-top is now almost an official crime scene - and I now have to hide the glue from my wife, as sellotaped joints have proved a failure.

Whilst I do love kits and castings, I do wonder sometimes, whether producers could get back to having less parts to join together sometimes, when the painted parts often vanish anyway, once they are put together.

Lastly, I did consider signing myself off as "Clumsy" but stuck with - johnnybach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back