At Rest in the Desert (1 Viewer)

tmanthegreat

Registered Member
I received the new First Legion DAK Panzer III Ausf. L a few days ago and decided to display it in a relaxed scene with some of the FL DAK resting artillery crew figures standing in as the tank crew. The new FL Panzer III is a beautiful tank!

The diorama uses a section of JG Miniatures desert terrain mat and dead grass patches with the barbed wire and fuel barrels made by Last Post Miniatures. I used some model railroad sand to hide the figure bases and blend in the barbed wire section to the base.

Overall I’m really happy with how this vignette came out 😎

IMG-2784.jpg

IMG-2785.jpg

IMG-2786.jpg

IMG-2790.jpg

IMG-2793.jpg

IMG-2798.jpg

IMG-2795.jpg

IMG-2797.jpg

Another excellent setup. Shows off the new tank and crew beautifully.

A very impressive piece, Tman. Weathering is excellent. Figures look great as well. WWII N. Africa campaign is among my favorite eras; esp. like this dio.

Nice vignette.

Tristan, do you have any comparison pics of the new First Legion Panzer III with one of the old first releases? I'm curious to see if it's the same size as the earlier ones or slightly smaller.

Fantastic scene and pictures, that tank is a definite keeper

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my diorama, it means a lot 😃

Hunter Rose, to answer your question, this is actually my first FL Panzer III. I did measure it up to the War Park Panzer IIIM and JJD Panzer IIIG and the FL model is larger. If the War Park and JJD tanks are properly 1/30 scale, then the FL Panzer III is likely 1/29 scale. I’d read in some old discussions that this was the case with the older FL Panzer III models and it seems to have carried forward to the new one

Hunter Rose, to answer your question, this is actually my first FL Panzer III. I did measure it up to the War Park Panzer IIIM and JJD Panzer IIIG and the FL model is larger. If the War Park and JJD tanks are properly 1/30 scale, then the FL Panzer III is likely 1/29 scale. I’d read in some old discussions that this was the case with the older FL Panzer III models and it seems to have carried forward to the new one

Perfect, thanks for the info.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my diorama, it means a lot 😃

Or ours is 1/30th and there's are 1/31st. ;)

Great Dio by the way!

Or ours is 1/30th and there's are 1/31st. ;)

Great Dio by the way!

Thank you, FirstLegion! Appreciate the insight on the vehicle scales and the kind compliments from the company on my diorama… You make some excellent products 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back