AUSSIES AT GALLIPOLI 1915 1/32nd PLASTICS (1 Viewer)

9thHussar

Sergeant
Hi

Can anyone help? - I have been asked to make a good selection of ww1 Australians at Gallipoli in 1/32nd plastic, but I am struggling for source donor materials - the only thing I can find is Airfix WW2 Australian bush hats, but need WW1 Webbing/equipment on bodies and shorts etc...

Any ideas welcome

Regards
Dave
9thHussar

gk - could you post some pictures of these?

I tried to do a range of plastics about ten years ago. It got complicated so I brought my figures out in metal but gave it away after five years. I still have castings for anyone who wants to do some painting!

gk - could you post some pictures of these?

I tried to do a range of plastics about ten years ago. It got complicated so I brought my figures out in metal but gave it away after five years. I still have castings for anyone who wants to do some painting!

Gun Ho?

'Gun Ho?'

I think he was only able to get Vietnam ones done.

'Can anyone help? - I have been asked to make a good selection of ww1 Australians at Gallipoli in 1/32nd plastic, but I am struggling for source donor materials - the only thing I can find is Airfix WW2 Australian bush hats, but need WW1 Webbing/equipment on bodies and shorts etc...'

There's a mix of headgear in the period images. Aside from the slouch hasts, there are thePeak caps and Pith hats even. The images show the uniforms looking pretty rag-worn as well. I've been on the look out for figures that'd fit but AIP aside, there's almost no WW1 plastics of any sort.

Hi

ok will have to look at scratch-building a set of these - I have loads of old Airfix multipose spare parts so this will be a basis for the figures

Regards
Dave

Hi

it can be done using the body parts from AIP sets and some Greenstuff putty - Donor figures are AIP WW1 British and British Artillery Colonial period in shirt sleeves - will post photos when all done - converted x 3, but want a set of x 6 or maybe x 10? I want some modelled in shorts too.

Regards
Dave

Hi

see link below:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn78/royaldragoon/IMG_2967_zpse0439986.jpg

I managed to convert x 6 poses using Airfix, Armies in Plastic & Toyway/Lonestar donor figures.

I had to remove the old 1880's rifles and replace with the WW1 types. Used a bit of greenstuff to fill gaps etc,,, - still work in progress and want to make another x 4 poses.

The officer spotting bi-planes with his binoculars is in shorts like the prone Lewis gunner. The Officer needs more equipment adding too.

Also the soldier in sun-helmet firing his rifle has a Havelock neck curtain, but its not very visible in the photo.

Do they look the period or any other suggestions?

Not a bad effort I suppose

Will post pics when all painted up and completed

Regards
Dave
9thHussar

Last edited:
Dave,

They are looking pretty good.

One thing to check on is the Lewis Gun. I could be wrong but I don't think they were used by the AIF until they were on the Western Front from 1916 onwards.

Scott

Dave,

They are looking pretty good.

One thing to check on is the Lewis Gun. I could be wrong but I don't think they were used by the AIF until they were on the Western Front from 1916 onwards.

Scott

Hi Scott thanks for advice - maybe the Lewis Gun was sent with the ANZACS to test as an experimental secret weapon ?????? Maybe I am clutching at straws though and been reading too many Boys Own comic books!!

Will plod on making more - bit of a test and challenge - bet Fish could come up with some ideas for me for more poses.

Regards
Dave

Superb job. Keep the Lewis Gun, it's a great conversion and maybe it will help them break through this time. :smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back