Australian Light Horse Diarama (1 Viewer)

pbrierley

Private
I am new to this and am still learning. I have hopefully posted some pictures of a diorama that I have created of the Australian Light Horse charge at Beersheba. I have many more pictures and information of the construction methods used to create this diorama. My main aim in constructing this diorama was to incorporate the bases of the figures into the base so as the figures appear to be actually part of the environment. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks. Paul.

Attachments

• Light Horse 20.jpg
    Light Horse 20.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 523
  • Light Horse 13.jpg
    Light Horse 13.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 523
  • Light Horse 12.jpg
    Light Horse 12.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 550
  • Light Horse 10.jpg
    Light Horse 10.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 543
  • Light Horse 22.jpg
    Light Horse 22.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 519
Excellent work Paul.

Great scene and the text and final setting beneath the picture of the charge make it a top quality diorama.

I have been on the forum for 5 years and never worked out how to post an image. Not only do you do a fine diorama you also would be unique in posting images in your first post !

Forum members may recall some images of 4 Del Prado sets very well framed that were posted by DJ66 about 4 months ago in Capitolron's Napoleonic thread. They were also done by Paul.

Hopefully your display can be opened as K&C has more releases in this series planned.

I think many would be interested to see your photos of the construction.

Well done.

Regards
Brett

That looks great, really top notch, and I love how you incorporated the German officer into it:smile2:

Very nice a clever way to make a trench rather than carve it out. Excellent
Mitch

Very professional looking job. Love the leaping horseman. I also like the cover you have for the whole dio. Just looks so polished. -- Al

That is superb - I'm interested in techniques for embedding bases, for sure. Other than that, I particularly like the use of space, without overcrowding - a really nice touch.

Can't say more than others already have except well done, particularly that trench. I'm sure we will hear from Howard soon :)

That's one beautiful diorama you created! I hope you will post some of the photos you took of your building process. - Ken

Paul mate,
Fantastic effort cobber. Just love the Turks in the trench and the glass case truely sets the dio off. Would rate a spot in the Australian War Memorial. And by the way welcome aboard the Forum. Always great to have another Aussie enter into the fray.:smile2::smile2:
Keep up the postings,
Cheers from Melbourne, Howard

Paul, that's a magnificent dio, and a dramatic way to introduce yourself. I too really like the enclosure that houses it. I'm considering something, but a little different in the future for my dios to protect from dust. Your's gives it a smart appearance. Very fine.

Looking forward to more

Joe

I am new to this and am still learning. I have hopefully posted some pictures of a diorama that I have created of the Australian Light Horse charge at Beersheba. I have many more pictures and information of the construction methods used to create this diorama. My main aim in constructing this diorama was to incorporate the bases of the figures into the base so as the figures appear to be actually part of the environment. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks. Paul.

That's fantastic and has given me some good ideas as I am re doing my Light horse diorama next. Simmo.

Lovely to see, this is a great series and the best layout I have seen to date to display it Paul. Hope to see more of your work in the coming months. Nice to have yet another fellow country man in this hobby. Cheers, Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back