AWI Cavalry from ATKM (1 Viewer)

AlltheKingsMen

Private 2
Well, the day my wife Gina and I have been working toward is here! Our brand-new cavalry for the American War of Independence is now available -- seven different regiments' worth. You can see them all on the All the King's Men website. In fact, there are a few pages showcasing the new troops.

This is a major milestone for us, in part because I didn't think cavalry could be accomplished in metal yet still be functional in terms of wargaming. All that metal would weigh a ton! We found a solution with plastic horses. That means riders and bases are metal, while the largest part is the most lightweight of all!

You can see the new releases on their own dedicated page, here:

http://www.allthekingsmentoysoldiers.com/AWI_Cavalry.html

Or check out the "sexy" link to them here:

http://www.allthekingsmentoysoldiers.com/

Or you can go to the Workbench page, which has been revised to show all these new figures in progress.

http://www.allthekingsmentoysoldiers.com/workbench.html

Whew! This day has been the better part of a year in the making, from concept to painted regiments. In fact, the end of May marks the one-year anniversary of our Washington's Victory sets, so these really are auspicious times.

Please let us know what you think of the new troops, good or bad. Painting of even my own collection is ongoing, and I'll be sure to add new pics of troops as they come to life.

Thanks!

Ken & Gina Cliffe
ATKM

Attachments

• ATKMTarletonsLegionLowRes.1.jpg
    ATKMTarletonsLegionLowRes.1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 207
  • BritLtDgnTrooperLowRes1.JPG
    BritLtDgnTrooperLowRes1.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 275
  • ContLtDgnTrooperLowRes1.jpg
    ContLtDgnTrooperLowRes1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 236
Nice Job Ken and Gina!
They look splendid indeed.
I've got Napoleonic Russian Troopers on the sculpting bench myself , 1/2 done of course.Horses are a problem though.My 1st attempts look like Wargcamels.
How do you suppose your troopers would look on TSSD mounts?
Again, nice job!:D

FubAR

Great figures, they're right up my alley! Up to now, if you wanted a good casting, the only real choice was to get the Imrie-Risley kits and build 'em yourself.

Your whole AWI line is very well done, and I like your wargaming set concept, too.

Compliments, prost!
Brad

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm not sure how the riders would look on TSSD horses. TSSD figs run somewhat larger than ours. I'll have to take a closer look.

Ken

Hi, Ken,
Will you add guidon-bearers and trumpeters, too? The Brits had guidons (though they may have been left in the depot); I can't remember if it's recorded that the American squadrons ever carried them. But those would be some nice figures in a group with the others.

Prosit!
Brad

Hey, Brad! Actually we already include a trumpeter in each set. You get 6 troopers with sabers at rest, an officer with sword outstretched, and a trumpeter. We include an extra arm with saber at rest in case you want to convert it into a guidon-bearer's. It'd be an easy fix. Just nip off the sword, drill a hole through the hand and insert a thick wire.

We're trying to make these sets as modular as possible.

Ken
ATKM

Hi, Ken,
Will you add guidon-bearers and trumpeters, too? The Brits had guidons (though they may have been left in the depot); I can't remember if it's recorded that the American squadrons ever carried them. But those would be some nice figures in a group with the others.

Prosit!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back