AWI101-AWI108 3rd Continental Light Dragoons Pre-Order (2 Viewers)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
First Legion is extremely pleased to present the first mounted unit for our American Revolution figure range, the 3rd Continental Light Dragoons. The unit was raised in 1777 in New Jersey and was also known as Baylor's Horse (George Baylor was regimental commander until his capture in 1778) or Lady Washington's Horse (William Washington took over command after Baylor) and took part in battles such as Brandywine, Germantown, Guilford Court House, Cowpens, and Eutaw Springs. We have depicted them here charging in battle as they had done on numerous occasions. With 8 unique figures featuring the superb sculpting and hand painting that are the hallmarks of First Legion, these are certainly the finest mounted figures ever produced for the American Revolution and will make a fantastic addition to your collections.

DragoonsGroup.jpg

The image above shows one of each code in the front rank.

AWI101 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Officer $169.95
AWI102 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Standard Bearer $179.95
AWI103 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Trumpeter $169.95
AWI104 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons NCO $164.95
AWI105 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Private #1 $164.95
AWI106 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Private #2 $164.95
AWI107 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Private #3 $164.95
AWI108 US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Private #4 $164.95
Shipping Middle November

AWI101Page2.jpg

AWI101

AWI102Page1.jpg

AWI102

AWI103Page1.jpg

AWI103

AWI104Page1.jpg

AWI104

AWI105Page1.jpg

AWI105

AWI106Page1.jpg

AWI106

AWI106Page3.jpg

AWI106

AWI107Page1.jpg

AWI107

AWI108Page3.jpg

AWI108

We sincerely hope you enjoy this much needed addition to our AWI figure range.

Best,

Matt
First Legion

The Third Continental Light Dragoons were raised in Morristown, two towns away from me, so that's great. I don't collect AWI but maybe I will collect a couple. This area in northwestern NJ is full of history. Near Mendham is the Jockey Hollow National Park where Washington encamped in the winter of 1777, in Morristown is Washington's Headquarters and about an hour south of here is Washington's crossing where he crossed the Delaware.

This makes me wish I collected AWI....

The absolute best mounted figures FL has made.

I just love this latest release to this range. Since I live just under 50 miles north of Cowpens battlefield and 125 miles south of Guilford County Courthouse battlefield, I have read more on these two battles than any others during the AWI. A great unit for First Legion to depict. I have noticed that the trumpeter is African-American who I assume represents William Ball (or Collin/Collins) that saved William Washington from a saber blow at the end of the Battle of Cowpens. A very nice touch. Good job Matt! I’ll be adding all eight to my FL AWI collection.

Darrell

Very Nice:salute::....FL just cannot be beat when it comes to cavalry units....SIMPLY THE BEST. :salute::

I have noticed that the trumpeter is African-American who I assume represents William Ball (or Collin/Collins) that saved William Washington from a saber blow at the end of the Battle of Cowpens. A very nice touch. Good job Matt! I’ll be adding all eight to my FL AWI collection.

Darrell

Hi Darrell,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had not noticed that. Also thank you for the History lesson, it is very interesting and really cool to see FL producing him.
I visted the Battlefield of Brandywine yesterday with some friends and fellow collectors and was treated to a wealth of knowledge about both the Battle and the period which I really enjoyed.
I find myself looking at these figures again and again and I think I may pick up one just because they really are so nice, GOD help me. regards Gebhard

Here are the dragoons running thru a company of light skirmishers. Out of all of the First Legion figures I own, I believe these are the best figures of them all. Great job!

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 159
Darrell,

Good to see you posting again.

Brad

Agreed!! Good to see you back Darrell! These Dragoons are great pieces. I have 3 so far with more on the way soon.

You did a fine job of setting up a little scene with them chasing the redcoats. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back